alright guys...WTF!?!?!

02GTRX

I told an admin to shut up...now I live with the S
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
Ever since I installed my jlt intake and bama 91 tune I lost 75-100 miles per tank! I thought it was supposed to improve mpg's. 97 percent of my weekly driving is all highway 75-80mph. Could a dirty fuel filter make that big of a diffrence? Ive never changed that or the spark plugs shes got 39k miles..k and n gets a cleaning every other oil change. She runs great no hesitation or anything I cant figure why mpg's dropped so much...

• Sponsors (?)

39k for an 08....I suddently feel better about the mileage on my car LOL ;)

As far as teh mileage goes, I have no idea...I did a vmp tune and noticed no difference as far as fuel consumption goes but I also have teh stock air intake and original paper filter :cool:

It shouldn't have dropped it that much unless you spend a lot more time with your foot in the gas more. I would suggest changing the fuel filter (just did mine 2 months ago at almost 70K miles), but unless that suddenly got a clog in it, it shouldn't change your mileage that drastically.

If anything i try and baby it more now to save fuel. Was it a pain to change out the fuel filter? I may be changing that soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Have you gone into the tuners optional parameters to make sure that you have the proper rear axle ratio and tire size (revs/mile) selected? I know this sounds crazy but if something got changed in there and it's different than what you really have on the car, it could make a difference with your mileage readings.