Alt. Turnbuckle?

anthony hill

Nov 12, 2008
So i was interested in gettin one of those turn buckels that eliminates your tensioner. But if i get this do i need s special bracket fot the alt. or does it ride on the same bracket somehow? And if so where can i get one in a kit with the bracket? Has anyone elese had good or bad luck with these or should i just stay with the stock tensioner? I just deleted my smog pump and a/c and i just thought it looked cleaner with the turnbuckel. Thanks for everything guys

Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

It looks cleaner, but I prefer the automatic tensioner.

My DD has a turnbuckle style adjustment for the belts from the factory and it's a PITA when i replaced the belts. After adjusting it, the belts stretch and then become loose and i need to go back and readjust it. If i ever need to take the belt off, i have to loosen and then readjust. You should really use a belt tension gauge with it.

The tensioner setup is quick and easy. Automatically adjusts for stretching belts and takes two seconds to remove and install the belt.

I really like my turnbuckle, it is a PITA at times, but I haven't had any issues. Purely for looks though

IMG_2029.jpg