Alternator\connector question

Hey guys, nice to meetcha. Everyone who helps or tries to has my deep appreciation haha. I just recently got a neglected 2000 Ford mustang. And I've been restoring it a bit and replacing all sorts of things. Unfortunately it was ghetto rigged so I've been working around that. However it's been causing problems for me. I just got a new alternator and realised I needed a new connector for it too in order to make her run. My new connector has three wires and I'm pretty sure it's the right one for the car. however, I can only find two out of the three wires inside my car. I don't know if there are only two wires or if I'm just not looking hard enough for the third white one. Do you guys have any ideas? Is it possible that the car only has two wires and I could just leave the white one unattached with a cap on it?

• Sponsors (?)

You are correct. The 2000 GT only uses two control wires. The middle terminal WH/BK wire is not connected to anything. The Ford wiring diagrams indicates the wire "terminates in the harness".

Reactions: 1 users
Please go back and re-read post #2.

The connector has three pins. However only two pins are active and used. That leaves one unused pin which is the pin located in the middle of the connector. In the middle means there is an active pin on either side. Does that help?