Aluminum Hood 2" cowl Anybody run one?

TrophyHead

15 Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
PA
Does anybody here have the Jegs Alum. 2" cowl hood? Was wondering what type of quality it is and how it lined up. AMD (auto metal direct) makes it. Weighs 17 pounds. :)

My only issue is if I get caught in a hail storm with this hood...gonna avoid rain anyways.

Any reason why I should go with a Steel hood speak up. Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

wow that's expensive. Never tried one, just fiberglass, any reason you want to go with one?

This it?

Yup that's it.

I'd rather not put hood pins on like I would with Fiberglass or CF. Would like to lighten front end up some also.

From doing more search's this company AMD is getting positive reviews from Plymouth guys. Apparently some of the Goodmark guys left and created AMD. Goodmark quality not what it used to be.

Yup that's it.

I'd rather not put hood pins on like I would with Fiberglass or CF. Would like to lighten front end up some also.

From doing more search's this company AMD is getting positive reviews from Plymouth guys. Apparently some of the Goodmark guys left and created AMD. Goodmark quality not what it used to be.

Hood pins are a must for any fox IMO. Wait till you get a crushed cowl and you'd be wishing you went with hood pins

yep been there done that, never again will I go without them. I prefer the look without but not the damage the hood did last time.

I actually LOVE the look of hood pins, and i made sure it was done before the car was road worthy.
Stangs just look so sinister with hood pins
PICT0176-1.jpg