Am I a trader?

• Sponsors (?)

Nice car, have worked on a few. The newer ones are definately nice, especially with the Alpine audio system. However, they are cruiser cars with a better top end then low end. The suck below 70 with the slow-shifting transmissions. But once you get going, it definately moves.

However, after riding in my friends Lightning, I would take that in a second in comparison to the Lincoln. More mods, more power, and a MUCH nastier exhaust note. Lincoln = lose! Lightning = win!

The Brahma Bull said:
Slow? Eh, not the one I drove....off the line it was but in about 2nd or third it was flying.

Not to mention you drove/drive a GM, so your opinion is null and void.

Yea, by the way, how's that power steering holding up for you?

The Lincoln wouldn't be such a bad car. I mean if you get it in black, dark tint, some nice 100 spoke gold rims, and zebra print seats, you'd have a pretty pimping ride! :nice:

The Brahma Bull said:
Old mans car or not, its nice as hell.

And it will keep me the hell outta trouble with cops. Which is something I need.

An old mans car with a young looking guy driving? You could hold up a 7-11 and attract less cops.

:p

Buy what you want man!

I still can't see buying a relativley slow luxury car over a Lightning. In all honesty I do like luxury cars but there is now way I'd consider a Lincoln LS in the same context as a Lightning.

Ron Jeremy said:
The Lincoln LS is a nice car, but it's too bland looking. If you want a REAL sharp looking Lincoln buy the Lincoln LSC. They stopped making them in 1997 or 1998. You can find a low mileage one for under $15,000. They have 290 HP and are a nicer looking car than the LS.

You are talking about the 3700LB 280HP 285Ft.Lbs of torque 4.6L V8 powered Lincoln MarkVIII made from 1993-1998.

I know someone that might be looking for one since it's the rare nearly perfect sleeper. :eek: :D

The Brahma Bull said:
Today while car shopping around for a new car for my friend (he wants a Mazda 3) we went by Car Max and started looking around. I came upon a Lincoln LS with a V8. I was like hmm, I've always wanted to sit in one of these, so the guy opens the car up and I get in. Wow...awesome interior. I think its a nice car but get out and help my friend look around. Around the time we are leaving the guy asks if we want to test anything, my friend says no, but I was like...well I'd like to try the LS. So he copies my lisense and we are ready to roll. He says its just a short trip around a predetermined route, but I dont care. So we go and first think I notice is just how awesome the interior stuff is. The seat has memory, its heated (the seats) and it has like 3 climate zones. Not to mention all the fun buttons to play with. He says turn left at the light and get on the interstate and to "punch it." Well punch it I did...in the time it takes me to hit 50, this thing was doing 75-80 and was still quiet. I was floored by this car. Hell the radio told me what station it was (like it scrolled the letters of the station) as well as the damn song that was playing.

I really wanted a Lightning..but this is honestly more reasonable money wise. And although I love my Mustang...I really love this car too. What shall I ever do?!

you go to the one outside of charlotte?

yeap.. go west and you go into charlotte, it's a huge ass carmax.. my brother used to live like 2 minutes from there. my dad also bought a 98 exploder from there

that place is huge.. walk in and get on a computer and find the car you want

they even had golf carts there to take you out on the lot!

Ron Jeremy said:
The Lincoln LS is a nice car, but it's too bland looking. If you want a REAL sharp looking Lincoln buy the Lincoln LSC. They stopped making them in 1997 or 1998. You can find a low mileage one for under $15,000. They have 290 HP and are a nicer looking car than the LS.

my dad has 2 1988 lincoln lsc's.. nice car.. ugly ass rear end

they come stock with the 5.0 ho engine

my dad also has a 1999 lincoln continental.. same motor as the ls i believe

a 4.6 DOHC engine.. car sucks until you turn off the traction control, but afterwards.. it will do some nice fwd burnouts

98v6mustang said:
yes they do.. search around a bit

better yet.. read this review..

http://www.epinions.com/content_94712663684

This just confirms that you are not the only one mistaken. Random people might believe we never made it to the moon.

Look up credible sources like Edmuns or MSN carpoint, you will never find a FWD Lincoln as there was never one made.

My co-worker swears she has a 1992 RWD Grand Am. (no such thing either) :shrug:

So it's not just you. I won't argue the point further as I am confient you will find out from credible sources on your own. Like Lincoln's website or try an Lincoln enthusiast site like this ans ask about FWD. Don't get upset if they are rude or make fun of you for not knowing. Evryone has to learn sometime :)

http://www.lincoln.com/vehicles/interior.asp?sVehi=tc

Look under "specifications" "layout" you will find it says "front engine, rear drive"

http://autos.lowprice.ca/usedcars/canprices/99litoar.htm

:)

can someone here vouch for me?

i am right.. the 1999 lincoln continental is front wheel drive

is internetautoguide wrong as well??

look at this section:

1999 Lincoln Continental Walkaround

The Continental is available in just one model. Last year, it received a minor redesign that reduced the amount of front overhang-the distance between the front bumper and the front wheels. Headlamps and turn signals were redesigned with a single, thinner lens and the grille was enlarged.

Massive Lincoln taillamps sweep around into the rear quarter panels. Front fenders, hood and decklid are made of a sheet molding compound that is more resistant to dents and dings. This material will also allow Lincoln to revise the styling more often to keep the Continental in step with evolving aesthetic trends. Overall, the Continental looks rounder than before and makes a distinctive design statement.

The trunk lid raises high enough to not be a head-bumper for all but the tallest. The trunk boasts nearly 19 cubic feet of cargo capacity and a low lift-over height makes loading and unloading a lot easier.

Raising the hood reveals an attractive engine compartment filled by a 4.6-liter V8. Washer fluid, oil filler and other necessaries are out in the open and the cooling system is maintenance free. The 32-valve double overhead-cam engine produces a healthy 275 horsepower at 5750 rpm--up from 260 last year--and 270 foot-pounds of torque at 3000 rpm. The ignition system has a coil for each plug for reduced maintenance and a cleaner appearance. New knock sensors mean premium fuel is no longer required, though it is still recommended for maximum performance.

The engine drives the front wheels through a four-speed automatic linked electronically and mechanically to the engine. A constant dialogue between engine and transmission means shifts are remarkably smooth.

heres the review:

http://www.internetautoguide.com/reviews/1999/1999_Lincoln_Continental.html

i would give you a link from lincolns website about it, but they no longer make the continental.

98v6mustang said:
can someone here vouch for me?

i am right.. the 1999 lincoln continental is front wheel drive

is internetautoguide wrong as well??

look at this section:

heres the review:

http://www.internetautoguide.com/reviews/1999/1999_Lincoln_Continental.html

i would give you a link from lincolns website about it, but they no longer make the continental.

Typo. Did you look on FORD'S website?

I've seen a 7.5 liter 4cyl Toyota Tercel too... but it was a typo.

Perhaps I am wrong, it is FWD it's the only FWD Lincoln ever made.

Damn... it is FWD. I stand humbly corrected. :)

I still think it's the only FWD Lincoln made.