• Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All

amp problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mustangless
  • Start date Start date Aug 19, 2005

Mustangless

Member
Jun 27, 2003
903
1
18
home
Aug 19, 2005
#1
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #1
I had my RF 451s hooked up and playing off of one channel. While it was still on I briged it. I only briged it at 8ohms and my amp can take 4ohms. It is not pushing the sub now, neither is the light coming on. Did I mess something up screwing with the speaker wires while it was on?

I don't think the fuse was blown but I could be wrong.

also my rcas and power cord are right on each other. What does this do?
 
S

strokedandblown

Banned
May 3, 2005
555
0
0
USA
Aug 19, 2005
#2
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #2
Mustangless said:
I had my RF 451s hooked up and playing off of one channel. While it was still on I briged it. I only briged it at 8ohms and my amp can take 4ohms. It is not pushing the sub now, neither is the light coming on. Did I mess something up screwing with the speaker wires while it was on?

I don't think the fuse was blown but I could be wrong.

also my rcas and power cord are right on each other. What does this do?
Click to expand...

Playing off one channel = MONO ? and does still on bridged mean there is a switch on the amp that says mono and stereo? Bridged @ 8 ohms umm are the home stereo speakers b/c all car audio is 4 ohms and there is no way to get to 8 w/o resistors and gremlins. How many subs do you have? I have a feeling by bridged you mean you hooked up (+) (+) from both subs to one termanal and (-) (-) to the other an your running @2 ohms and your amp is going into protection. but let us know some more info. like the setup what amp.

the rca piggy backing the power line will give you alternator whine in your speakers , but they will work.
 

Mustangless

Member
Jun 27, 2003
903
1
18
home
Aug 19, 2005
#3
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #3
I hooked up a speaker wire from one side + to the other side -. Then I hooked + speaker wire from the right channel to the + on the speaker. And the - on the left channel to the - on the speaker. Even if I hook it to a single channel it does not work. The power light is not even coming on.
 

iskwezm

10 Year Member
May 24, 2005
4,159
20
79
Rowland Heights,California
Aug 19, 2005
#4
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #4
you never ever hook speakers up while the amp is powered.You probably blew a fuse.
 

Mustangless

Member
Jun 27, 2003
903
1
18
home
Aug 19, 2005
#5
  • Aug 19, 2005
  • #5
I knew I shouldn't have but I couldn't resist. Now when I move the ground wire it cuts on. I think there might be a short in it.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Radio, Speaker Upgrades
  • TripleYellow
  • Apr 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
186
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 24, 2026
TripleYellow
Run a 5 channel or use head unit and mono amp for sub?
  • 2000xp8
  • Sep 20, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 23, 2024
2000xp8
M
1991 GT cigarette lighter/port not working (horn is working)
  • MartinM
  • Aug 29, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
285
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2025
MartinM
M
1976 Cobra II fuse problem - Solved (I hope)
  • Rick Tanner
  • Jan 8, 2025
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
2
Views
330
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Jan 8, 2025
Noobz347
A
Resolved 03 GT Parasitic Draw Fuse 26 (PCM)
  • Antrix
  • Mar 22, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
828
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 24, 2025
89ripper
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?