anderson ford motorsports

• Sponsors (?)

I have a N-21 in an explorer motor. I love the cam. .512 lift 282 288 dur 110 lobe seperation. it is very close to a f cam on paper. The actual profiles are so far differant that the exhaust sound completly differant. everybody knows what a alphabet cam and flows sounds like. I put this cam in with no other changes. It was twice as loud through the exhaust and the pitch was like that of a indy car, a lot higher pitched than a 5.0. It sounds more like a 4.6.

I had a N-91 in my old 331 and it worked extremely well. Pulled hard from about 3,500 to 7,600rpms. It was in a daily driven street car that went consistent 11.20's at 125mph N/A. I have also used a B-31 in a blown 306 application and that seemed to work flawless as well. I switched from an e-cam to the b-31 and with no other changes the car picked up 5 tenths in the quarter and a little over 6mph. Don't know if I just got lucky both times but the AFM cams worked for me in the past.

I had a N-91 in my old 331 and it worked extremely well. Pulled hard from about 3,500 to 7,600rpms. It was in a daily driven street car that went consistent 11.20's at 125mph N/A. I have also used a B-31 in a blown 306 application and that seemed to work flawless as well. I switched from an e-cam to the b-31 and with no other changes the car picked up 5 tenths in the quarter and a little over 6mph. Don't know if I just got lucky both times but the AFM cams worked for me in the past.

What was the rest of the 331 combo? I was going to run an N91 but went custom instead. The N91 seems to work very well.

Grn92LX I remember talking to you about it when you were getting your engine built. I was thinking that Rick built it for you.....? I couldn't remember my old user name and password from years ago so I had to register again with my new email address. I had the black 85gt that is on Rick Anderson's website under N/A cars. I also had the snout of the crank break off on me one day while showing off in front of a few people. Ring a bell yet.....? Just in case you don't remember talking to me the combo was like this when first built:

DSS Super Pro bullet 331
10.5:1 CR
Out of the box twisted wedges with AFM springs
Unported Parker Funnel Web intake
Holley 850 double pumper
AFM N-91 cam
Canton 7 QT pan with windage tray
Harland Sharp 1.6 RR'S
BBK 1 3/4" long tubes
4.56 gears
TKO with AFM Hi-Rev Clutch
AFM Aluminum flywheel
Full tubular front suspension with coil overs
HPM upper and lowers in the rear

Like that the car went consistent 11.30's at around 122mph

Then the heads were changed to AFM Stage III TW's with AFM springs, titanium locks and retainers with an AED 850 Carb. The car started turning over 127mph but was spinning more on launch so the car was then turning 11.20's@126-129mph. The 60ft before the head swap was consistent 1.50's and afterwards between 1.65-1.70. I changed the Parker funnel web to an unported victor jr intake and the car seemed to pick up a tad bit on bottom and didn't lose anything on top. Then after about a year and half of running the snot out of the car the snout broke off the crank while spinning. All in all the N-91 seemed to really shine on those combos. The car weighed 2950 with no driver and I drove it just about every day. Fun car but I think the rpm's is what killed the engine. The car would pull hard all the way to 8,000 with no problem. I had the light set at 7,300 and ended up lowering the digital 6 to about 7,600 for the rev limit.

I will have to remember that for the future.

Grn92LX I remember talking to you about it when you were getting your engine built. I was thinking that Rick built it for you.....? I couldn't remember my old user name and password from years ago so I had to register again with my new email address. I had the black 85gt that is on Rick Anderson's website under N/A cars. I also had the snout of the crank break off on me one day while showing off in front of a few people. Ring a bell yet.....? Just in case you don't remember talking to me the combo was like this when first built:

DSS Super Pro bullet 331
10.5:1 CR
Out of the box twisted wedges with AFM springs
Unported Parker Funnel Web intake
Holley 850 double pumper
AFM N-91 cam
Canton 7 QT pan with windage tray
Harland Sharp 1.6 RR'S
BBK 1 3/4" long tubes
4.56 gears
TKO with AFM Hi-Rev Clutch
AFM Aluminum flywheel
Full tubular front suspension with coil overs
HPM upper and lowers in the rear

Like that the car went consistent 11.30's at around 122mph

Then the heads were changed to AFM Stage III TW's with AFM springs, titanium locks and retainers with an AED 850 Carb. The car started turning over 127mph but was spinning more on launch so the car was then turning 11.20's@126-129mph. The 60ft before the head swap was consistent 1.50's and afterwards between 1.65-1.70. I changed the Parker funnel web to an unported victor jr intake and the car seemed to pick up a tad bit on bottom and didn't lose anything on top. Then after about a year and half of running the snot out of the car the snout broke off the crank while spinning. All in all the N-91 seemed to really shine on those combos. The car weighed 2950 with no driver and I drove it just about every day. Fun car but I think the rpm's is what killed the engine. The car would pull hard all the way to 8,000 with no problem. I had the light set at 7,300 and ended up lowering the digital 6 to about 7,600 for the rev limit.

were those times on slicks or radials?

I ran those times with both 27x10.50 ET Streets and BFG 275/60/15 Drag Radials. The car was useless with regular radials on it. I only tried it once with regular tires and it would spin when I pulled 4th gear so other than it being fun spinning they were basically useless so I put the drag radials back on it.