Another Quarter Window Thread

• Sponsors (?)

I cant remember what it's called right off, windown rope is the slang for it, it's in a role with paper backing, just put in where u want it on the window, peel off the paper and install, id think any automotive window place could help you, dont use windshield urethane, you'd have hell gettin em out if the need ever arose to do so!

Bought a couple things. Got some tape, closest I could find! I dont know if it'll work tho, what do you guys think? Heres a pic:

I also got this just in case:

The tape is 3m 'Exterior Mounting Tape "Super Strong, Industrial quality and strength, Holds up to 5lbs"' but I dont know if It'll work or not, any input guys? Window's goin on the car tomorrow regardless. Im sick and tired of having it sitting in my garage, IVE GOT THE ITCH, i need to drive! lol

Pulled them out, and used an orbital sander w/60 grit paper on them for a while... got all of the pits and holes out... then went to a 150-grit paper, then 320 grit. Then I primered it, found all the little holes that were left, and filled them with Bondo putty. Sanded taht with 320 grit, primered again and repeated until it looked good. Then I put a few coats of flexible bumper paint on them

They dont look perfect, theres 1-2 imprefections left on each one now. But they're good enough to go back on.

hemi_fan said:
Bought a couple things. Got some tape, closest I could find! I dont know if it'll work tho, what do you guys think? Heres a pic:

I also got this just in case:

The tape is 3m 'Exterior Mounting Tape "Super Strong, Industrial quality and strength, Holds up to 5lbs"' but I dont know if It'll work or not, any input guys? Window's goin on the car tomorrow regardless. Im sick and tired of having it sitting in my garage, IVE GOT THE ITCH, i need to drive! lol

So does anyone have an idea if that tape will work? Heres a pic of the front of my car as incentive! I'll post a lot more once its all together :D :rlaugh:
displaypic6mj.jpg