Another "What's It Worth??" Thread

QUICK91LX

Founding Member
Dec 7, 2001
New Jersey
I guess I'm just doing this on a whim because I am very tight on cash and have been so frustrated with things lately, but I'm wondering what someone would pay for my car if i decided to sell it. Some of you who know me will probably have comments about me owning like a zillion cars...so just put a sock in it :p :nono: Its semi-disassembled for paint and the AOD to T5 swap I did, but is very clean and has some very desirable mods. I know basically what it will be worth worth all finished, but heres to hoping that its not essentially worthless as long as its unfinished. Here are the details:

1989 GT Hatchback

-Bright Regatta Blue over Titanium
-Smoke Gray interior
-Front/Rear bumper covers and all ground effects painted stock blue with heavy flake, over ford silver with same heavy flake. all cleared. looks killer and really pops in the sun.
-12x,xxx miles
-STOCKKK motor (I took out the air silencer when I got the car) Runs strong
-T5 swap, still needs a good cable/firewall adjuster and speedo cable re-routed and hooked up. All the hard work (Read: Pedal Assembly) is done. King Cobra clutch and Pro-5.0 Shifter installed. currently cant get clutch to dis-engage i beleive due to the existing cable being stretched. stupid cheap aftermarket crap.
-Ford Racing M2300K Cobra 4-wheel disc brake kit, all new e-brake cables, Ford Racing proportioning valve
-Dugan Racing Trick One Suspension System (5E) http://www.dugan-racing.com/html/performance_parts.htm
-Car handles and STOPS very very well
-Ford Racing 17x8 Black Bullitt wheels wrapped in 255/45/17 Kumho Ecsta MX tires
-BBK H-Pipe with High-Flow cats cut in
-Newer Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back

-Interior is in good shape, passenger and back seats hardly worn, drivers seat has no tears but shows wear from normal use. Carpet has a couple spots that could be cleaned and is a little faded. I was going to replace it but it is not urgent by any means. All seats, console and interior rear 1/4 panels are out of the car in preparation for paint. (to remove 1/4 windows and what not)

-Hatch needs to be replaced due to the car being lightly hit in a parking lot. a lifted truck caught the spoiler while backing up, took a chunk out of the spoiler and slightly tweaked the hatch. no other damage to the car at all and I have another hatch that is going to go in to be painted this week if my painter ever gets back to me. no one can even tell there is anything wrong with the hatch unless i point out to them the way it doesnt *quite* fit properly

-Bumpers and ground effects are still all off the car, because none of the other body work/paint has been done yet.

Under the car there is NO RUST AT ALLLLLLL and no rust anywhere else either, other than the stupid ground effects brackets that are absolutely gone. 50resto sells new ones though. all thats wrong with the body are a few small dings and faded paint.

So, if someone were to come and get it exactly the way it sits, what would it be worth? All it needs is someone to get it painted and put it back together.

Thanks for your input guys and gals. I guess my hope is that I can pay a few bills, get into my own place and save for another fox down the line a ways.

Let the appraisal begin!

When I first got it...
View attachment 381091

The way it sits now:
View attachment 381092

Somewhere along the way...
View attachment 381093
View attachment 381094

The color...
View attachment 381095

Painted Bumpers... these pics do the paint NO justice!
View attachment 381096
View attachment 381097

• Sponsors (?)