Antenna question

Defleshed

Satanic Mechanic
Nov 30, 2003
In Torment, In Hell
Well, i know this may not sound to "technical" but trust me, I'm sure it gets pretty technical... My car was in a parking lot while i was at work, and someone snapped my antenna off. I wish i could find the SOB and snap his head off. But thats probably not going to happen. So, to help make my car not look stupid, what do you think i ought to do? I dont even know how to get to the antenna 'holder' part (the little black oval on top of the fender). I'm thinking i might be able to get to it through the wheel well if i take the front tire off and jack the car up, but I dont want to waste a lot of time if i can't. Do you think this is something i could fix in my garage? Or do i need the car stripped and tanken apart to fix this (like a big deal). Next time, i see someone floating around my car in the parking lot, i'll break each hand joint to ensure saftey.. this kind of BS just really pisses me off. :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

just replace it with a UPR Shorty antennea. I havent had my antennea on my car since I took it back out. Pain in the ass getting the cover over it with the antennea on and I never listen to FM anyway.

I would just order the ford replacement or take it to ford if the car is under warranty in case they would fix it. That really sucks when someone messes with a nice car. There are some sick people in this world.

i have the same problem.. guy that owned the car before me took off the stock antenna and put on this little rubber antenna that looked terrible on the car.. so i went to take it off and the threads snapped in half... i havent done this yet (mainly because i never listen to the radio) but have someone tap it out with a drill, and get the shorty antenna.

if the threads are recessed then you can use a drill and an easy out to remove what's left of the shank.

You need to get a drill bit just a bit smaller than the easyout and drill the center about 1/2 way down the shank. Then insert the easyout with handle attached and lightly hammer it down the hole you drilled and turn it at the same time (lefty loosey) the shank should start coming out. Pretty simple and should help you get it out.

DTMach1 said:
if the threads are recessed then you can use a drill and an easy out to remove what's left of the shank.

You need to get a drill bit just a bit smaller than the easyout and drill the center about 1/2 way down the shank. Then insert the easyout with handle attached and lightly hammer it down the hole you drilled and turn it at the same time (lefty loosey) the shank should start coming out. Pretty simple and should help you get it out.

Good advice. Get a 6" antenna from Haney motorsports...

205530_110_full.jpg

Defleshed said:
Well, i know this may not sound to "technical" but trust me, I'm sure it gets pretty technical... My car was in a parking lot while i was at work, and someone snapped my antenna off. I wish i could find the SOB and snap his head off. But thats probably not going to happen. So, to help make my car not look stupid, what do you think i ought to do? I dont even know how to get to the antenna 'holder' part (the little black oval on top of the fender). I'm thinking i might be able to get to it through the wheel well if i take the front tire off and jack the car up, but I dont want to waste a lot of time if i can't. Do you think this is something i could fix in my garage? Or do i need the car stripped and tanken apart to fix this (like a big deal). Next time, i see someone floating around my car in the parking lot, i'll break each hand joint to ensure saftey.. this kind of BS just really pisses me off. :mad:
I just bought a short antenna from Pep Boys yesterday. 9 bucks and looks much better.