Anti Theft Problem Help Plz

rudy herrera

Jun 29, 2009
i resently rebuild my engine... i was having problems with the anti theft system already before my engine went out the conecter that goest to the transponder was acting up well the day the engine when out on the freway i was i little frustrated and i think i puhed it one tomany time i took a look and the conecter is broken so i went to ford and got a new transponder ford said i dnt need to take it to program aslong as i have my key.. how do i replace it i need help wanna fire my new engine again pls help

• Sponsors (?)

OK, I give up???? What model year Mustang are we dealing with? The PATS system is different.

But regardless of the MY, replacing the PATS transponder is nothing more than a part replacement. No programming required.

The test the PATS system, turn the key on but do not crank. The theft light should come on and then go out after a 3 second "prove out". If the theft light goes off after the prove out and it still won't start, then look else where for a problem.

it a 2002 mustang gt convertible well im preaty sure its the transponder it was broken at the cable .. hope fulyy its that ..how do i replace it i mean how do i take the ignition cylinder out ?

The Ford Service DVD lists a 6 step process. One step is to remove the key cylinder. The access panels below the steering column will also need to be removed. The procedure does not look all that complicated. However, the data is in a format that can't be posted online. Sorry.

If interested in getting a copy for yourself I maybe able to help. PM if interested. Good luck.