Antifreeze in oil pan... how to remove it?

92Patrol5.0

Founding Member
Sep 20, 1999
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I'm changing the oil pan gasket and timing components. When I removed the timing cover, antifreeze got into the front of the oil pan, and a little dirt and stuff... What should I do to get it out of there? I have leaned the pan forward and got most of the antifreeze out, but there's still some there but it's not high enough to get out of the drain plug hole. How should I get the rest out? Should I pour some oil in the front of the pan so that it will help move the other stuff out? Soak it up with rags? Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Well if it was me I would get it back togather add some oil, run it till it gets to temp then change the oil while it is hot, refill and change the oil again in 1500 miles, but I am anal about **** like that you will be fine with just adding oil getting it hot and changing the oil.

I'll get some cheapo oil and pour it into the front of the pan and let it drain out.. then clean out the pan. Then when I put it all back together I'll fill it with cheapo oil and run it til it gets warmed up, then drain it, and change the filter and fill it up with good oil. This sound like a safe plan?