• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Any available valve covers for 01 Mustang GT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seraphitia102
  • Start date Start date May 5, 2006

Seraphitia102

will post boobie pics for a supercharger
Oct 11, 2004
737
1
16
California
May 5, 2006
#1
  • May 5, 2006
  • #1
I'm looking for just a lil more engine bling. So far, I could only find valve covers that BBK makes for 99-04's. Does anyone know any other valve covers for a 281 engine (preferably made by Ford)?
 
W

WOT

Founding Member
Nov 26, 2000
2,817
0
46
Regina, Canada
May 5, 2006
#2
  • May 5, 2006
  • #2
Check out Team Breed cam covers. They are nice.
 
B

bakos24

I find there is nothing better than a tasty wiener
Nov 29, 1999
4,461
87
134
NE, OH
May 5, 2006
#3
  • May 5, 2006
  • #3
Ive been looking for some also. I havn't found any except for those BBKs. I wish Ford racing would make some.
 

john_324

New Member
Jan 14, 2003
446
1
0
Washington, D.C.
May 5, 2006
#4
  • May 5, 2006
  • #4
bakos24 said:
Ive been looking for some also. I havn't found any except for those BBKs. I wish Ford racing would make some.
Click to expand...

Me too. For the 2v 4.6 that is. FRPP has nice coil-pack covers for the 4v 4.6 and already has replacement valve covers for the new 3v 4.6. Come on Ford...would it kill you to make a nice "Ford Racing" valve cover set for the ole 2v?
 

90RanGer

New Member
Apr 1, 2004
132
0
0
Santa Cruz, CA
May 5, 2006
#5
  • May 5, 2006
  • #5
Since ford is to stupid to do the above mentioned ford racing valve covers, the best replacement ones are the team breed ones. I have the breed ones, very good quality.
http://www.bullittmansparts.com/TB-index.htm

Or these ones.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/mustang-gt/moroso-2v-valve-covers-45106.html?highlight=moroso
 

Seraphitia102

will post boobie pics for a supercharger
Oct 11, 2004
737
1
16
California
May 5, 2006
#6
  • May 5, 2006
  • #6
I want the valve covers to have something written on it like the BBK ones that say "Modular V8"

I like the ones that say "Ford Racing" or "Powered by Ford" or something of the sort. I'm showing my car at a employee car show at work and want some more engine bling.
 

Seraphitia102

will post boobie pics for a supercharger
Oct 11, 2004
737
1
16
California
May 5, 2006
#7
  • May 5, 2006
  • #7
If I do get new valve covers, do I need to buy anything else? Or do they just slip in without any extra modifications?
 

back_in_black

New Member
Apr 12, 2003
460
1
0
frederick, MD
May 5, 2006
#8
  • May 5, 2006
  • #8
I have the team breed polished aluminum also and really like them, I like chrome a little better as far as the upkeep, but I remember reading that chrome holds in heat and is not as good for engine parts...so the polished aluminum are the way to go.
go to the website for team breed and the price includes a custom engraving or pick from their samples
 

back_in_black

New Member
Apr 12, 2003
460
1
0
frederick, MD
May 5, 2006
#9
  • May 5, 2006
  • #9
you could also do a canton radiator overflow tank, $230 on ebay or polished aluminum caps from upr, I think is the initials
 

Attachments

  • stang2-2006040.webp
    58.6 KB · Views: 211

urban96

bubb rubb says:"woo woooooo"
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
3,464
1
69
Syracuse, NY
May 5, 2006
#10
  • May 5, 2006
  • #10
teem breed will make custom logo covers i belive http://www.bullittmansparts.com/TB-index.htm
 

DropTopPony

Noob Slayer
Founding Member
Aug 13, 2002
2,570
3
48
south jersey
May 5, 2006
#11
  • May 5, 2006
  • #11
Another vote for Team Breed...its what i have.
And you can get them engraved with what you want...there is a space for it in the front of the cover.
http://www.bullittmansparts.com/TB-index.htm
 
B

bakos24

I find there is nothing better than a tasty wiener
Nov 29, 1999
4,461
87
134
NE, OH
May 9, 2006
#12
  • May 9, 2006
  • #12
Just noticed that KarKraft makes some CF valve covers for us 2V people.

http://www.karkraft.com/valve_cover_city.htm

Scroll down to about the middle of the page
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
Front ATS brakes with Taurus rear brakes. Full parts needed?
  • Wagonized
  • Thursday at 6:01 PM
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
110
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Friday at 9:42 PM
General karthief
M
01 mustang 3.8 fuel pressure issue
  • Mhaley2006
  • May 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
364
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 9, 2026
JohnKay
J
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
14
Views
400
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Saturday at 7:48 PM
AlexM556
A
What's it Worth? 2000 GT
  • Mustang5L5
  • May 8, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
6
Views
418
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 13, 2026
KRUISR
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
199
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?