• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Any last minute tips for when I Dyno?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CobraWannabe
  • Start date Start date Feb 20, 2004

CobraWannabe

Member
Jul 16, 2003
321
0
17
Lancaster, PA
Feb 20, 2004
#1
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #1
I'm going to dyno tomorrow, and just wanted to know of anything to get every ounce of HP out of my car. I wil play with the timing, remove my air filter, and run a short belt. Anything esle? I am only getting 4 pulls and not tuning, so it can't be anything major, and I don't have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, so I can't do that.

Thanks
 

YardSpecial

New Member
Mar 20, 2003
2,664
0
0
MT
Feb 20, 2004
#2
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #2
Change the oil if dirty, tune up if old.

Check torque on lug nuts. I ran to 120+ on the rollers !
 

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
3,860
6
58
Lancaster, PA
Feb 20, 2004
#3
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #3
where u get dynoed at....to bad I didnt have my car. its in the shop
 

CobraWannabe

Member
Jul 16, 2003
321
0
17
Lancaster, PA
Feb 20, 2004
#4
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #4
BlownStangGT said:
where u get dynoed at....to bad I didnt have my car. its in the shop
Click to expand...
Haven't you been on TurboForum.NET lately? Even though you can't run, you can still come and watch everyone. It's going to be an awesome day.
here's the link... http://www.turboforum.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5375
 

5.0 HOtrain

Founding Member
May 20, 2001
2,247
0
47
New Hampshire
Feb 20, 2004
#5
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #5
Some synthetic oil may do you a couple hp's. Good luck.
mike.
 
R

RickyB

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
592
0
0
NJ
Feb 20, 2004
#6
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #6
i dont suggest doing stuff just for the dyno(short belt) because its not gonna be that way on the street ....but change oil/timing/FP is good
 

CobraWannabe

Member
Jul 16, 2003
321
0
17
Lancaster, PA
Feb 20, 2004
#7
  • Feb 20, 2004
  • #7
Yeah I know. I dont want any numbers that I'm not going to have all the time. The short belt is permanent. I just changed the oil and added synthetic about 300 miles ago.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Engine Stalls when downshifting/coasting
  • Scott_S
  • Nov 5, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
832
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 6, 2025
Mustang5L5
S
Fuel ‘88 GT Runs Rich Cold — Fixes Itself When I Unplug Sensors (ECT, MAF, O2, etc.)
  • Sufarry
  • Nov 6, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
12
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 9, 2025
Mustang5L5
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
355
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
256
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 26, 2026
manicmechanic007
Engine Popping noise in the intake. Frustrated still.
  • esteban31065
  • Apr 6, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
15
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 23, 2025
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?