Any noticeable change in sound or performance?????

• Sponsors (?)

willys1 said:
Whats your reason for the 1/4 inch change?

well i found the 2.5" flowtubes for $20,,and a guy on Mustangworld.com,,sold me a set a Flowmaster tailpipes for $60,,,,i have the full factory Ford bent 2.25" catback pipeing except for the Flowmasters welded in,,,i figured it wouldnt hurt put on the 2.5" in pipe

It will sound deeper but I believe you will loose a little low end torque on a stock motor. The 5.0 motors like back pressure to run at maximum performance! Believe it or not, with a hi flow h pipe vs. an off road h pipe I made more horsepower throughout the rpm range with the hi flow h pipe proven on a dyno!

Sounds like a nice setup! Be sure to add a sound clip when you get the tail pipes on it! My old 98 gt had an offroad h pipe, flowmasters and turn downs! Now let me tell you, I got compliments everywhere I went and you could literally hear me from a mile away, nothing like it! My friend had long tube headers, off road h pipe and a flowmaster catback with 2.5" tail pipes on his 88gt and it sounded great! I loved the deep rumble it put out. Im sure you will love the new sound the 2.5" tail pipes will give you! :D

mustang90 said:
Sounds like a nice setup! Be sure to add a sound clip when you get the tail pipes on it! My old 98 gt had an offroad h pipe, flowmasters and turn downs! Now let me tell you, I got compliments everywhere I went and you could literally hear me from a mile away, nothing like it! My friend had long tube headers, off road h pipe and a flowmaster catback with 2.5" tail pipes on his 88gt and it sounded great! I loved the deep rumble it put out. Im sure you will love the new sound the 2.5" tail pipes will give you! :D

what would be the best device to use to get a good clear sound clip??