Any one know remote start systems?

• Sponsors (?)

I've put a few in so far. They're not too bad to do, but the key is to obtain a detailed wiring diagram for the car, particularly for the ignition harness and for the cabbin fuse box. I'm not sure about mazdas, but alot of new cars have a security chip in the key that cuts power to the starter when the key is not present. You need to buy a by-pass module for this in order for it to work, they're usually around $30. As far as brands go, most of them are pretty good, I can't think of any off the top of my head that I would stay away from, since the installation is more or less the same with either one. Get one with keyless entry, unless she doesn't mind having two remotes with her all the time. Oh and some of the newer models have remotes that run off FM frequency. Get one of those. They're well worth the money, you can pretty much start the car from almost a mile away, and it's 2-way so the LCD screen tells you what the car is doing even if you can't see or hear it, like from inside a building.