Any one running single exhaust on turbo car?

Joey7508

Oct 23, 2005
Kerrville TX
I want to run a single exhaust set up on my car. I just bought a Hellion heat kit. Any body with a turbo running a single exhaust set up ? What size? What mufflers and where does it exit the car if at all? I can get a 3.5" exhaust tail pipe for one side and run it out that way. I would like it to be quiet if possiable.

• Sponsors (?)

Your best bet is obviously a straight through style muffler...whether it's a Dynomax Bullet style or Super Turbo muffler style. A lot of guys i know run a huge single muffler with either a turn down or ran all the way back to a Y pipe and fake duels.

Let ya'll know I got the turbo kit ( Hellion ) put it on. It has a 3" down pipe for the 60mm turbo. Ran just a short piece of 3" pipe into a 3" Dynomax bullet with a turn down. Had it tuned like that though it was some what loud to drive around like that, plus I hate to smell the fumes. Any way the car made 498hp and 560 torque at the rear wheels. I had it like that for a week or so and finally got my exhaust on this weekend. I have 3" all the way to a magnaflow and the a single 3" tail pipe. The car is quiet. It is all mandrel bends so it is 3" all they way through. My buddy laughs because it only has one pipe in back says it looks like a 4 cyl car. I told him like a 500 hp 4cyl car! Any way my concern is if the 3" will supporty that kind of power? I almostwant to have it dynoed again just to see how bad it hurt the power. I am thinking if nothing else I will run a cutout for the track. Any ideas about how much 3" can support would help. I have seen cars with a 3" down pipe that spilts into two 2 1/2 tail pipes make as much as 700 hp so I am thinking I should be fine with my one 3".