Anybody else have water leak in your windows while washing your car?

wanta5.0

Founding Member
Jan 20, 2002
I have an 03 GT and the last two times I washed the car in the drive through washer I noticed water coming in on the passenger side window right above the speaker. Then today I went to a different one and it had tons of pressure and it leaked in on both windows in the same spot. :mad: It also leaked one time at the top of the window about half way back. WTF? Anybody else have this problem? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Yes yes i do, the water likes to run down the mach speakers... what i did personally was shoved my coat up against the driver side window when it went by, then when it went passenger side i dove over there and plugged the leak... its the best and most permanent way i can think of. they dont leak in rain/snow so thats whats most important

yes on the drivers side, and in fact you can hear the wind squeeking threw it when you drive. really need to do something about it but dont feel like taking it o the dealership.

BadMoFo said:
yes on the drivers side, and in fact you can hear the wind squeeking threw it when you drive. really need to do something about it but dont feel like taking it o the dealership.

No worries, just bust out some duct tape man! :nice:

Your is an 03 no? you should take it in if its still under warranty. My dealership replaced the triangle for the window squeak no hassles. That probably where the leak is coming from as opposed to water coming in further up the window...

ya its an 03, I am just waiting until next month when I move and can get to a decent delership. wouldnt let the one here pay me to check the air in my tires. long story.

I know I was watching horsepower tv or something like that and they had this stuff that went right behind your rubber stuff to push it out a little and that helped stop leaks, wish I could remember what it was.

Mine doesn't leak.

I use automatic washes in the winter. No was am i washing all the salt off my car when it's 10 degrees out.

I use a rubber protectant conditioner on the seals every couple of weeks when i clean my interior out. I go nuts with things like that on my dash, seals and all rubber trim.

Prob why my '88 is still running original seals and leak free!! :)