Anybody else's car this loud?!

Tru_Blue_104

Nov 13, 2003
MN
I got the ranger header and i cant stand how loud my exhaust is in the cabin. I was thinking about getting some sort of thermal wrap for the header and downpipe. then maybe spraying something on the underside. Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Dynomax SuperTurbo muffler, and around 3000 it's really loud inside.. 'course, I'm turbo, and I have a turndown before the axle. The Ranger header alone shouldn't change the sound very much. On the 2 Mustangs that I've owned that I swapped the header on to, I didn't notice any difference in sound.

There is a product called Dynomat. You can lay this under the carpets and throughout your interior and it is supposed to completely deaden any outside noise. My mustang is very loud inside as well. Perhaps you could find a way to just put more insulation between the components under the hood and the interior of the car. I would also like to find a way to quiet down my car.

The only thing with dynomat is that you have to rip apart your entire interior, lay the dynomat, then put your interior back in over top of it. Seems like a long term project for a daily driver car that I need to get places. Tell me how it works out anyway. Also, let me know how long it took you.