anybody ever tint their own windows?

• Sponsors (?)

I did our family minivan, just the driver and passenger windows since the rest of the van was tinted. Turned out decent. Then thought I could do the Mustang, but the windows have more curve to them Turned out too difficult for me. I recommend paying someone for the Mustang.

well I did it once.. it took a few hours to get it perfect... it stayed perfect... but..... it's well worth it to pay the $$ for the professional install + the lifetime warranty. The rear window looks like it would be a b!tc# on these with the curviness.

And the product for the lights is VHT nightshades.

i have tinted many windows mainly trucks the easiest way to tint is to take the window out. use soap and water not to muche soap be shure to clean the window good and get a spray bottle. soak the glass and the tint then slap it on and use a rubber squegy. i have heard of people using older wiper blades in good condition. then use a heat gun to be shure the bubbles dont come back. as for the back pay someone to do it is a pita

The Side windows and windshield are easy...they are frameless. The back glass is mofo but not impossible. Around here its $125 to do a Stang with 3M tint. If its close to that price for you just pay to have it done. If you do try it don't use a spray bottle for the water (you will be all day with tiny air bubbles). I use a fertilizer / sealant sprayer that will spray a heavy solid stream. Also use warm water, not cold.

I've tinted windows on a 97 Civic and a 90 Maxima a number of years ago. If you're going to do it, the best way to do it is buy good tint, buy a kit to apply it and make sure you have patience on your side. I taped wax paper on the outside of my side windows(front and back) and cut the shape of the windows out w/a razor knife. I then taped the wax paper to the tint and cut out the tint to fit the glass. The very back window is a HUGE pain in the a$$. After doing the second tint job I vowed to never do it again. There are methods to use to get the bubbles out. You just gotta take your time. If you don't have much patience, pay a pro to do it.

I did my own side windows with 2.5% and it looks pro, but my cars a convertible so i dropped the top and had full access to the entire glass. If you take your time and use a sharp blade theyre not hard.. but I would even attempt the rear window on a coupe.