anybody ever use this?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the summit AC delete pulley on the driver side & for the alt. I cut the bracket down until there are only 2 bolts mounting it to the head & the long bottom bolt of the alt. I then used a small turn buckle for the tensioner. I use a 710k6 belt and its routed to look like a v by going under the water pump to keep the correct rotation. Its a cheaper way to go & I will try to post a pic later.

I run a vortech t trim on a passenger side mount. I have a manual rack and no a/c. I needed something on the driver side for the belt. First I bought the March Performance kit that brings your tensioner over to the driver side. The belt squealed like a pig. I tried different size belts and a new tensioner and nothing helped. I bought the Breeze kit and installed the alternator over to the driver's side. I works great. The kit is well engineered and uses top grade hardware.

here are some pics of my set up.
altbracketbefore.jpg

altbracketmod.jpg

altbracketinstalled.jpg

to me, it seems just like the kits that they have to relocate the tensioner except the bracket is cut different and those kits are around $30 but you still have to buy the rod ends to adjust for tension.why cant just just cut a bracket to fit the alt and be done?

This is what I have got done so far. I cut done the A/C delete bracket that moves the tensioner and added a turnbuckle. When i finish dropping the motor in I will let you guys know how well this works..

Attachments

• photo05.jpg
    photo05.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 129