Anybody have this X-pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

I dunno man, it has cats yet recomends MIL eliminators? Sounds like the cats may not be very high quality which might lead to being corked later down the line...Save yourself some possible hassle down the line and get the Bassani X-pipe w/ cats, they are high quality and I have never had any problems with them.

DTMach1 said:
Save yourself some possible hassle down the line and get the Bassani X-pipe w/ cats, they are high quality and I have never had any problems with them.
Read the reviews here on Bassani X pipe with cats. They are by far the worst catted X pipes. I had a bassani X with cats and the driver side cat burnt out in 5 months. Its an overpriced POS in my opinion. That is the VRS x pipe in that pic. Its a great pipe. I have the Offroad version on my car and the fitment is second to none. Sound is also great...its a great bang for the buck! :nice:

Ryan02Stang said:
Read the reviews here on Bassani X pipe with cats. They are by far the worst catted X pipes. I had a bassani X with cats and the driver side cat burnt out in 5 months. Its an overpriced POS in my opinion. That is the VRS x pipe in that pic. Its a great pipe. I have the Offroad version on my car and the fitment is second to none. Sound is also great...its a great bang for the buck! :nice:

well it depends on which cats we're talking about...the old ceramic ones were not so great...but the new metalic ones are awesome. I have yet to see something go wrong with them

Ryan02Stang said:

So you believe it is a VRS X-pipe? They have quality stuff don't they?

TARZAN said:
You know better than to get cats ;)

-Will

and what is so wrong with cats???? Unless you are building a track only car having cats on the street will not hinder performance so much that you would notice!! Taking your cats off will gain maybe 10hp over hi flow cats...You will never notice that tooling around on the streets.

Now if you want that extra 10hp while at the track you can get modular x-pipes which allow you to take the cats out at the track and use a straight pipe for runs. Bassani, SLP, and Hooker all make modular pipes that can be used in that manner.

There really is no point in adding extra pollution for a street only car.IMHO

streetstang03 said:
i hate the environment, thats why i dont run cats. :shrug:

way to think pal...if you had grown up in the Los Angeles area in the '80s as i Did you would have a different perspective when it comes to smog and air pollutants...

Do me a favor, go buy a carbon monoxide detector and stick it in your garage...run your car and see how long it takes to set it off...then run a car with cats and you'll see my point...

That extra 10hp or so (usually less throughout the rpm range) is simply not worth it.

DTMach1 said:
way to think pal...if you had grown up in the Los Angeles area in the '80s as i Did you would have a different perspective when it comes to smog and air pollutants...

Do me a favor, go buy a carbon monoxide detector and stick it in your garage...run your car and see how long it takes to set it off...then run a car with cats and you'll see my point...

That extra 10hp or so (usually less throughout the rpm range) is simply not worth it.

tree hugger.