Anybody know where these wires go?

Otto1970

Nov 24, 2007
South Florida
Its a white two wire connector that leads to nowhere thanks to the previous owner, I believe ( everything emissions related was gutted w/ malice!) It comes off the passenger side main wiring harness that contains the WOT A/C shut off & and fuel something relays. Just wondering if anybody has an idea while I await the arrival of my 1992 EVTM manual. Also, has anyone had to deal w/ the cancer in this less-than accessible area?! So much for getting ready to start throwing parts at this thing! :bang:

100_2142 (Small).jpg

100_2139 (Small).jpg

• Sponsors (?)

When you post pictures of electrical wiring, always post the year model of your car along with the wire colors including the color stripe on the wires. The wiring color codes are a clue to the wire function. A list of the colors is helpful along with the pin to color assignment. The connector shells always have a letter or number on the shell for each pin.
Example:
connector pin A = blue/white
connector pin B = red/green

Ford changed the color for some wires in 91, so that's why the year model is important.

Also show an extra picture of the non wire side of the connector so that we can see the connector shape and how many pins are in the connector. That helps identify the circuit function since most of the connector shapes are unique to the circuit they serve.

Thanks for the link info KGOFF. I did go to that site prior to posting and pulled up a couple of harness diagrams, but like jrichker suggests, the wire colors do not correspond with my 1992 harnesses. I'll be back with the info you guys need. Thanks again.

Air bag! The web page diagram that I used to track everything else on that harness was for a 1991 pre-air bag model, so it made no mention of air bag connections. It Makes sense. The steering on my 1992 is a two spoke pre-air bag version. Guess that it was too expensive to replace by the previous owner once it deployed. Does anybody know what's involved in terms of time and treasure to restore the driver's side airbag setup on the vehicle? Is it even possible?