Anybody make a Stock Replacement 302 Block or Shortblock with Forged Pistons New???

Hey guys,

Ever since Ford stopped making stock replacement 302 blocks and shortblocks I cannot find an affordable alternative to replacing the 302 in my daily driver. I just spent a bit of money building a 400 hp motor with AFR heads for my 85 Notch but I don't want to spend that kind of money on my daily driver. I priced out having a used shortblock machined and rebuilt and it costs just about as much as getting a nice 306 shortblock. If I had a new shortblock to start with that would work to. I would think somebody could do well with selling affordable 302 shortblock assemblies for under $1000??? Is that possible? Late Model Resto has budget shortblocks for $699 but they have cast pistons. I'd like to have that with forged pistons for maybe a little more. This kind of assembled shortblock for about $900 would be a great deal??? I'd use my current motor but I need it to drive to work while putting together the new motor plus I'd still need the block redone. Just thinking out loud. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys,

Ever since Ford stopped making stock replacement 302 blocks and shortblocks I cannot find an affordable alternative to replacing the 302 in my daily driver. I just spent a bit of money building a 400 hp motor with AFR heads for my 85 Notch but I don't want to spend that kind of money on my daily driver. I priced out having a used shortblock machined and rebuilt and it costs just about as much as getting a nice 306 shortblock. If I had a new shortblock to start with that would work to. I would think somebody could do well with selling affordable 302 shortblock assemblies for under $1000??? Is that possible? Late Model Resto has budget shortblocks for $699 but they have cast pistons. I'd like to have that with forged pistons for maybe a little more. This kind of assembled shortblock for about $900 would be a great deal??? I'd use my current motor but I need it to drive to work while putting together the new motor plus I'd still need the block redone. Just thinking out loud. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

Brand new part from LRS. A stock replacement shortblock for $1279 and it comes with forged trw pistons. LINKY

If you wanted something cheaper, you could always buy the $699 shortblock and throw some forged pistons in it. LINKY

Mustang Parts & Accessories - 50resto Carries a new 302 shortblock for 699.99, but it has aluminum pistons.

Didn't know this was a double post - besides I do not want the cast pistons, I need forged pistons.

Duncan, I must have missed that in their catalog. THAT's what I was looking for. Hhhhm, $1300 plus shipping huh? I'll have to do some research and compare prices to see which way i need to go. Thanks!

John