Anybody using a Steeda CAI?

• Sponsors (?)

No complaints here. We've had it for a year and a half now with no problems. Only installation problem (more of an annoyance, than a problem) was putting the black rubber trim on the top of the heat shield. It was just a pain to get that on. Otherwise, installation is a cinch. Just make sure you get a tune. That one requires a tune, as do most. You'll get the most out of it if you get a tune from Bamachips or Brenspeed. For what it's worth, the most popular combo out there is the JLT or C&L intake and SCT XCal2.

I here a lot about Bamachips

I'm thinking I;m going to give a local guy here in Reno a try though. He uses Steeda products and Diablosport Predator tuning. I just hope he can custom tune for my exhaust too.

Thanks for the input

I've had mine since May of last year and have been nothing but pleased with it other than what DarkFireGT mentioned about the black rubber trim as it was definitely a royal pain in the ass getting it on the heat shield and Steeda also could've included a reducer tube with it's new inlet elbow instead of requiring the user to remove the factory reducer from the stock inlet tube and then reinstall it in the Steeda inlet as this was also a royal pain in the butt as well lol...As for performance ! all I can say is since I've had my Bamachip's custom Race and Torque tunes, I've noticed my throttle response along with both HP and Torque have been significantly improved plus there's no longer any of that dreaded drive by wire throttle lag either...IMHO the Steeda CAI is just as good as the JLT and C&L in which I'm quite certain produces similar Torque and HP results but then again it's all in the custom tune which provides the real SOTP performance :nice:

I here a lot about Bamachips

I'm thinking I;m going to give a local guy here in Reno a try though. He uses Steeda products and Diablosport Predator tuning. I just hope he can custom tune for my exhaust too.

Thanks for the input

Unless you have long tube headers ? a custom tune for an aftermarket exhaust is not required.. Bamachip's along with Brenspeed automatically have the 02 sensors turned off in their program tuning files..