Anybody with indash dvd player experience in a fox?

Black1987Stang

Aug 22, 2004
Jersey Shore
I'm looking to put in a pop out dvd,cd player in but need some advice in mounting it. The person before me got rid of the tabs? or whatever the plastic molding trim screws into at all 4 corners.....Currently I just have a panel with 2 switches and a gauge in it on the bottom and the cd player is just layin on top of it and kinda sitting in there. If I buy a installation kit how could I bolt it in without the tabs? If I use a installation kit then I can't use my switch panel.

Would a flip out dvd player be able to flip all the way up or would they hit the a/c controls? Any pics would be awesome....I just want to know if it's possible to do it without doing the a/c./radio swap.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the pics, u got anymore?, just curious on how its all mounted in there. I can get the Pioneer AVH-P4900DVD for 300-350 bucks with new security plate and remote, I'm not sure if the screen will tilt back like you have in that one, I'm sure it would help out seeing the screen?

and Hell Yeah I did pop my 1,000 post cherry

Thanks

Thanks for the pics, u got anymore?, just curious on how its all mounted in there. I can get the Pioneer AVH-P4900DVD for 300-350 bucks with new security plate and remote, I'm not sure if the screen will tilt back like you have in that one, I'm sure it would help out seeing the screen?

and Hell Yeah I did pop my 1,000 post cherry

Thanks

if your talking bout the double din, I just did the lazy way... I had to cut alittle off in the inside of the squar opening too fit it, and used a 2000-up mustang dash kit and just poped it in there....

for the a/c switch thing, I had to get new vac lines the ones in the back of the controls, I got ones from a 90-up fox, since the fan speed and vent controls were switched around...

the a/c controls are screwed from the back of the console, but I did another install were I used a radio dash kit for the 87 fox and just cut and mounted it in the opening.. Ill get pics up....

ok, took some pictures.... sorry for the bad quality, its night here and no lights around but yea here they are...

View attachment 382720

you can see in the pictures what I did to the controls.... cut it to fit the opening, also I cut the back part too were all the switches mounts too, I had to cut it thinning, since it is now 2mm thicker than before....

View attachment 382721

I like how it is, because it keeps the stock look....

to mount the cd player on top is easy...
you can buy a dash kit, something like this
http://www.partsexpress.com/imageslarge/265-724L.jpg

then mount it were the a/c controls were, you would also have to make a back part to mount the radio, since the opening is big....

View attachment 382722