Anyone cut their inner door panels out?

Like the pics, has anyone here done this, if so any pointers? Not looking for opinions (yes its going to be a race car), just the facts. :D

86GTAIXRacer.jpg

stripped.jpg

Attachments

• 86GTAIXRacer.jpg
    86GTAIXRacer.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,672
  • stripped.jpg
    stripped.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Sponsors (?)

Friend of mine wanted it done. My dad went at it, and the first door the glass shattered within 3-4 seconds of touching it with a grinder. They figure out why and then did the other door with no issues. The car had been 10.64 @ 127, and with the door weight removed and some good air at Englishtown it went 10.41 @ 129... NO idea if the door weight helped, but it didn't hurt!

Indeed. I started fiddling around with my GT the other night, just trying to find a wire to the stupid "Low Fuel" light on the center console that I could clip or something. Next thing I know, it's almost a week later and I have the whole console and half of the interior ripped out, and I'm JB Welding cracked things, sanding stuff off and primering it, and now I'm 3/4 of the way through finishing the conversion of the interior to all-black. I'm reluctant to drive it in its current state - lots of exposed sharp edges n' stuff right now. :eek: