anyone ever heard of Pypes?

• Sponsors (?)

Very good company only about 10 miles from me. They have some good prices on stainless steel exhaust systems. They use local cars and develope new performance produces. The owner gets the free exhaust system and just need to evaluate the system. I never took advance of this though.

i had, well actually still have their stainless steel catback. Heres my story: I bought the catback when i had BBK O/R H and flows dumped before the axle, i put the catback on and it got WAAAAAYYYYY queiter, too quiet for me. I mean it sounded good, kinda like the flows but quieter down low (below 3k) and lowder at like 5k +. I like to be obnoxiously loud ALL the time so i welded the flows back in to the pypes catback, so i now i have stainless steel piping + the sound that i love.

I have the pypes catted x-pipe on mine and it fit good but pushed my mufflers back further which pushed my tailpipes out past the bumper about half an inch which i didn't like at first but now i'm starting to think they look pretty cool

I only had fitment problems with mine because, apparently, I got the first generation of their Violator mufflers - aluminized with about a 16" case. The newer ones are stainless muffs and have a shorter (14", I believe) case, so the length issue shouldn't be a problem, anymore ... or at least that's the present word on the matter.

Regardless, I have LOVED the sound of these muffs from the moment I first installed 'em behind my cat'ed UPR X-pipe (even though I hated the X-pipe, itself). I dunno how they'd sound with an H-pipe, but with the off-road X-pipe I'm now running, they're downright EVIL. They're actually quite civil in normal driving, they don't drone at cruise like Flowmasters, and up high they've got an angry, hollow-sounding rasp that reminds me more of Spintech muffs than Flows.

BUY THEM. You won't regret 'em a bit ... although you're gonna pay more than I did. (I scored mine at WFC9, $80 for a PAIR. HA! ;) )

Pypes better start sending me some free parts or something one of these day, for all the pimping I do on here for their mufflers... :D

i have seen them in the mags and am very intrested in getting the off road xpipe and flow tubes cause i myself like waking up the block at odd hours of the night :rlaugh:

good prices on SS piping

50 resto offers the same system that pypes does on their site, but for $299 instead of $369.

http://216.178.81.107/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=SFM13V 1?comp=ppe

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=PYP-SFM13V 1&comp=LRS

Also, I've got a set of flowmasters on my 5.0 lx and they have that obnoxious drone at about 2k rpm, and they have polished stainless tips welded on that are EXTREMELY poorly welded. The polished part is only about 5 inches long, so the weld and unpolished part of the exhaust is highly visible.

I'm thinking about this set of pypes but wanted to know if anyone has any input on them, or maybe suggest something they are running now and love.

Anyone every heard of or using any of Pypes Products...>?

i am interested in thier x-pipe for my 90 GT , seen as how i think mine are plugged...

http://pypesexhaust.com/

I have the Pypes O/R X pipe with a Mac cat back startes to sound pretty good when you hit about 2500 rpms. I did have a few issues thou the passenger side
o2 bung was off so had to have it welded up and moved to get the o2 in and it dosent come with hangers so you may have some clearance issues if you car is lowered, my car isnt lowered and I wish it fit snugger than it does. Over all not bad just a few small things.