Anyone ever siphon gas from a fox mustang??

tunedin302

I AM the law!!!
Jul 29, 2004
Pennsylvania
I need to drop the tank in my car (and take it out) and of course it has a little over 1/2 a tank of gas in it. I would drive it and burn the fuel off but it is in the air with the entire rear suspension out. I tried to siphon it but I couldn't actually get the tube into fuel. I plan on just dropping the tank and then siphoning the fuel out when its on the ground unless somebody has a better idea?
Thanks in advance
- Matt

• Sponsors (?)

Disconnect the pressure feed line to the injectors and put a suitable piece of hose on it. Stick the end of the hose in a suitable container, preferably a metal one so that it will ground & not make static electricty. Turn the ignition switch on. To trick the fuel pump into running, find the ECC test connector and jump the connector in the Upper RH corner to ground.
attachment.php

Typically what i do when the lawn mower needs gas is to stick a small garden hose down the filler neck. Blow on the hose while you wiggle it around so that you can hear bubbling when the end of the hose is submerged in gas. I have a blow gun with a small tube on the end that I stick it in a slit about 8" from the end of the garden hose. Make sure the blow gun is pointing towards the open end of the hose. Apply air pressure and the air rushing through the garden hose makes suction & will start the siphon process. No more sucking on a nasty hose or getting a mouth full of gas.

You can do the same thing with the blow gun and put your finger over the open end of the hose so that it blows air back into the tank. Listen for the bubbles and you can tell when the end of the hose is submerged in gas. Work the hose around until you hear bubbling and then you can take your finger off the end of the hose and make it siphon.

I've done it recently, seeing as my car is on blocks waiting for a new trans and has a full tank, and my truck was on empty.

I used about 4ft of clear plastic tubing, run it down the filler neck, you will hit a restriction, wiggle and turn the hose untill it clears the restriction, like jrichker said blow into the hose till you hear bubbling sounds. Then just suck a little untill you see gas coming up the tube, quickly put the tube into a suitable container for the gas (as fast as possible so you don't get a mouth full of gas).

Voila

I just used that cheap black hand pump you buy at autozone to pump fluid into your diff or trans (the one that threads onto the bottles) Put a real long rubber hose on it, a gas can at the other end, and give it a couple of pumps. No gas in your mouth, and it'll self syphon after a couple of pumps.

I HAD TO REPLACE MY FUEL PUMP AND I HAD A HALF TANK AND I JUST PUT A JACK AND HAD A BUDY OVER TO HELP BALANCE IT AND CAME OUT WITH OUTTA DROP SPILLING CAUSE GAS NECK IS UP HIGHER THAN IT AND IT JUST SLIDES OUTTA THE HOLE AND IF U DONT GET IMPATINET COMES RIGHT OUT