anyone got a pic of a 200 alternator mounting?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have a picture but I'll try to help you out anyway. I have a 67 but it should be the same as mine. There are 3 bolt holes on the passenger side of the block. The one closest to the fire wall is the ground. In front of that there should be two holes one slightly higher than the other. Thats where the bottom bracket of the alternator goes. Does that help at all?

TheWolf said:
I don't have a picture but I'll try to help you out anyway. I have a 67 but it should be the same as mine. There are 3 bolt holes on the passenger side of the block. The one closest to the fire wall is the ground. In front of that there should be two holes one slightly higher than the other. Thats where the bottom bracket of the alternator goes. Does that help at all?

Ok, thats what the bottom looks like, so thats alright. But how about the top bolt/bracket? where does that connect to the block? the bracket I have is one curved piece with a hole at one end to attach to the alt and a bunch of smaller holes (1/4" maybe) that I cant seem to figure out where it should be attached. I dont even know for sure that this is the correct bracket, What i would expect is something similar but with one elongated curved slot so that it could pivot. It was very loosely attached so it makes me think that its not the correct part that should be there. Thanks.

I think you have the wrong bracket. It should have a single hole on one end and a large opening like other brackets so you can slide the the alt to tighten the belt like you were saying.