Anyone Got the MAC offroad H-Pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

If you go with the Flows I would get the Prochamber. The pipe makes the Flows sound deeper than just an off road H. I knew a guy that had an X with Flows and it wasn't my cup of tea. Listen to a few diff. set ups in person and see what one you like the best....everyone has there own taste.

Mac Is the $@it

I put the Mac H-pipes on this weekend. The car sounds bad as hell. Let me give you a brief description. When you first start it you can barely tell that its stock since it is just a slightly deeper rumble then stock. Once you start giving it gas it gets louder and deeper, but when you hit 2500 RPM thats like the peek sound. Thats when it gets loud and just sounds beutiful and thats with stock mufflers.

I have the MAC offroad H pipe with MAC longtube headers and 2 chamber flowmasters, and it is very loud. Sounds sweet to, it will almost give you a headache in the car since I got them dumped also.

i have the 40 series and h pipe and sound like a beast. IT is loud but sounds bad ass, not everyone will like it because its loud but sounds sweet to me and when your car is just sitting still its sounds really good you can really hear the rumble, and when you down shift it gurgles, and when you get on it a little bit it .....burbles

Installation is a breeze. The hardest part is getting the crappy stock mid-pipe off. When you are installing the pipe make sure to tighten down on the passenger side first. The passenger side manifold where the mid-pipe meets is flat and rigid. Make sure it is straight and seeled before tightening down anything else or you will have a big exhaust leak. Next just enjoy the new sound of the V8.

I've got it on! I thought I would piss my pants when I first fired it up. Talk about a hotrod now. It sounded good before, but this thing is just intimidating now. Especially with the supercharger. Thanks for the comments guys. The guy I bought it from told me to use a new ford gasket, but it wouldn't seal right because of that lip thats in the original pipe isn't in the MAC piece, so I took it back apart and used that big old thick one that they send with the pipe and put a thin coat of copper rtv sealer on it and it sealed up pretty good. So far I can't tell that it's leaking anymore, we'll see what happens as time goes by. It smells pretty funny sitting at the red lights, but it's about worth it for the sound.

Smells Yeap!!!

I installed mine this past weekend and it smelled pretty crappy for the first few days. After that it just disapeared. I think it takes a little while for the grease to burn off. I remember pulling it out of the box and my hands getting all dirty from grease and grime on them even though they were new so that is what is burning off!!!!.... Dont worry the smell will go away and you will be very happy. :nice:

mcmmotorsports said:
Why are so many people going with the H pipes? I thought the X pipes were the new best thing to have?

X pipes sound raspy. H pipes sound deeper and are louder. They sound like old 60's muscle cars, especially when you have flowmasters mufflers with them.