Anyone have a black magic fan? POST PICS!

bobbys9350

Mar 30, 2005
I have yet to install my black magic electric fan, i was wondering if any of you have it if you could post pics of it installed!?!?! with stock or aftermarket radiator. THANKS! :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

STRIM24.jpg

it has now been replaced, it wasnt enough with the S trim, plus too thick.

bobbys9350 said:
dang guys, so you think this is way to thick? how???? i wouldnt imagine it would hit anything???
These guys have superchargers man... The supercharger belt tensioner is usually in the way or the belt, as the crank pulley is basically twice as thick as stock to accept the new belt, as well as the stock belt. This takes away from radiator to engine clearance. That's why the black magic doesn't work for them. Without a supercharger, you will be fine and it will fit perfect.

I dont have a supercharger,it will work,it just doesnt leave much clearance between the fan and the waterpump pulley.And I couldnt mount it in the center of the rad. because it was hitting on something,dont remember what

dwhiskie said:
I dont have a supercharger,it will work,it just doesnt leave much clearance between the fan and the waterpump pulley.And I couldnt mount it in the center of the rad. because it was hitting on something,dont remember what

On a stocker you should have no trouble, I've got enough room in front of mine so that I can still get a 3/4" drive ratchet with a 4" extension on the crank bolt without needing to remove the fan. :shrug:

There's at least 1-1/2 to 2" of clearance, but I have the older model that has been in summit for years. Do you have the new one?