Anyone have experience with the "reverse glow" gauge faces?

Insane3D

Jul 21, 2004
I was cheking these out at UPR, and was thinking of picking up the reverse glow silver gauge faces for my '92 GT.

I'm going to be tearing out dash soon as part of a cooling system overhaul, as well as installing a pair of 2 5/8" Autometer Ultra Lite gauges in the center A/C vent. I figure the silver gauges/gauge pod will go nice with the silver reverse glows. They have white too, but I don't like the center ring around the needle when the gauges are lit.

Silver "Reverse Glow" Gauges

White "Reverse Glow" Gauges

Anyone intalled these? I assume you just take the cluster off, take off the needles, stick them on there and hook up the wiring?

Any info would be great...

:)

• Sponsors (?)

I got my white "reverse glow" cluster due to my C2 guages. My guages are blue, so I wanted a blue cluster as well.

I didn't order the my reverse glow from that site, but all mine did was slide over the needles. Take out the screws holding the gas/oil and volt/temp face on, and put the white faced ones over it, put the screws back in. Really, really simple.

Thanks for the info...where did you get yours. After getting ready to order them from there, I see this notice..

PLEASE NOTE: SHIPPING CHARGES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR ORDER TOTAL
AND WILL BE ADDED TO THE ORDER TOTAL WHEN PROCESSED

They don't even tell you what it will cost to ship even after you order? It seems from that they just add whatever shipping cost they want to your total...

Insane3D said:
Thanks for the info...where did you get yours. After getting ready to order them from there, I see this notice..

PLEASE NOTE: SHIPPING CHARGES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR ORDER TOTAL
AND WILL BE ADDED TO THE ORDER TOTAL WHEN PROCESSED

They don't even tell you what it will cost to ship even after you order? It seems from that they just add whatever shipping cost they want to your total...

UPR is just like that, i have bought a few things from them and their shipping is reasonable. i have no idea why they dont qutoe you before checkout.

Thanks _jb_ and everyone else. I think I'll go with the ones I listed above from elgauges. They are reasonbly priced with free shipping, and I never use ebay, so that's out of the question.

Thanks again..

White face during the day:

test3pv.th.jpg

One of 6 shades/colors during the night,

test25xx.th.jpg

I have my C2 guages dimmed alot in that pic. The C2s are so damn bright on "full", that you can't see out the left side of the car. The white face cluster is on a totally different dimmer, which is the one the kit came with. I'm happy it did! If I had to wire the cluster with the rest of the lights(Which the C2s are), I would be pissed.

Attachments

• test3pv.th.jpg
    test3pv.th.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 54
  • test25xx.th.jpg
    test25xx.th.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 54
Insane3D said:
I was cheking these out at UPR, and was thinking of picking up the reverse glow silver gauge faces for my '92 GT.

I'm going to be tearing out dash soon as part of a cooling system overhaul, as well as installing a pair of 2 5/8" Autometer Ultra Lite gauges in the center A/C vent. I figure the silver gauges/gauge pod will go nice with the silver reverse glows. They have white too, but I don't like the center ring around the needle when the gauges are lit.

Silver "Reverse Glow" Gauges

White "Reverse Glow" Gauges

Anyone intalled these? I assume you just take the cluster off, take off the needles, stick them on there and hook up the wiring?

Any info would be great...

Yeah I have the silver ones in mine. They look pretty much like the picture. There are like 3 or 4 (can't remeber how many) little connectors all around the outside of the face which you just run together in to one wire which runs to the dial/switch.. then run power to that, etc.. it's easy.. looks nice at night when you leave it blue.

Insane3D said:
...I never use ebay, so that's out of the question...

Really? I just bought a MAF conversion kit for my car about an hour ago. I use it every once in a while. There was a nice ass Saleen on there I wanted, but it went for $7,100 and didn't hit the reserve. Too expensive for me! But it is cool to see/get stuff off there...if you dont' get scammed.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of paypal or ebay, just too many horror stories for me. I'm sure there are a bunch of great deals to be had, but I prefer to just order from a merchant type website and just pay with my CC.

Thanks again everyone, I'll let you know how these work out...