Anyone have the 88-93 aluminum cold air kit from UPR?

• Sponsors (?)

Waste of money unless you`re after the bling.The stock set up is a cold air intake system already,just remove the silencer and drop in a K&N.

I think I read about the UPR kit having fitment issues,as well as other brands on the market.

i definatly think if your gonna go the cai route to do the e bay cheapie....only 50 bucks and if you don't like it your not out much plus you can re sell it.....
i dunno ask foxfan88 he just bought an e bay one.........but i'm guessing he's busy putting on his fire wall adjuster about now.......

yeah i got my FWA on heh.....

anyway... yeah i bought one of the ebay CAIs, actually its that street domination one (the first ebay link posted.)

i cant get get it till christmas but i have opened it up and looked at it.

it looked to be a good product, i mean its a metal tube and rubber things and hose clamps and a plate and filter. not much you can mess up here.
It looks like it should fit and go together just fine....
only thing i noiticed.... on the air filter they included, the metal cap that is on the end, it comes off pretty easy. If it would fall off it would be a straight shot into the intake, with no filtering. Its not too bad and i think some super glue will hold it on there. I doubt it would fall off, but i will be sure and glue it or something. Also this filter can easily be replaced with a quality filter....

But hell its cheap and as stated earlier i cant see spending over 100$ on a CAI knowing the gains will be minimal....

But i got curious, i am tired of the stock tube and such so i bought the ebay one. came out to like 40 something dollars. I like the look of them and i am curious to see what the CAI will actually give me performance wise. Some say it will, some say it wont, so i am going to find out first hand!

Foxfan88 said:

anyway... yeah i bought one of the ebay CAIs, actually its that street domination one (the first ebay link posted.)

it looked to be a good product, i mean its a metal tube and rubber things and hose clamps and a plate and filter. not much you can mess up here.
only thing i noiticed.... on the air filter they included, the metal cap that is on the end, it comes off pretty easy. If it would fall off it would be a straight shot into the intake, with no filtering. Its not too bad and i think some super glue will hold it on there. I doubt it would fall off, but i will be sure and glue it or something. Also this filter can easily be replaced with a quality filter....

But hell its cheap and as stated earlier i cant see spending over 100$ on a CAI knowing the gains will be minimal....

But i got curious, i am tired of the stock tube and such so i bought the ebay one. came out to like 40 something dollars. I like the look of them and i am curious to see what the CAI will actually give me performance wise. Some say it will, some say it wont, so i am going to find out first hand!

Doesn't the 1 u bought look identical to the UPR besides the filter? Look closely at the pics:shrug: I think I'm gonna try out the same 1 u got & save a $100. LMK how it goes when u install it.

Foxfan88 said:

Sup! Did u ever install it?

Stock box with a K&N filter is a cold air intake..you can't "gain" any HP unless the stock set up is a restriction..which it isn't. Stock box with filter supplies enough air for any 302/306 N/A set up and draws air from the same location as the CAI units..fenderwell.