anyone heard of Power Lease Option?

trek75

May 21, 2006
Colorado
I've been on a dealer list for 07 Shelby Cobra since early 05. The dealer called me and I was offered a power lease option which was being sold by another customer who opted not to purchase an 07 Shelby Cobra GT500.

The dealer says that this is a right to buy the car which was owned by the other guy. They were given to buyers of prior year Mustang Cobras. The offer was the Powerlease option for $3500 plus $5000 over msrp. Power lease cars are supposedly above and beyond dealer allocation and production scheduling goes to the front of the line.

Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Trek75

• Sponsors (?)

I guess it would depend on how long the line is in front of him and how much he wants the car.

Never heard of a power lease. What I'd do though is call another Ford dealer and just ask them off hand if they offer Power leases and you should find out pretty quick if the first dealer is just soaking people 8500 to get moved to the front of the line.

Details of Power Lease Option from SVT

The text below is from the Ford Official SVT Web Sitewhich explains the Powr Lease Option...

BUY AN '04 OR WAIT FOR THE NEXT-GENERATION SVT?
NEW SVT PowerLease IS THE BEST WAY TO DO BOTH

If you've been asking yourself, "Do I buy a 2004 SVT vehicle, or wait to get into the next-generation version?"
– then SVT has the perfect answer for you: the SVT PowerLease. For a limited time, Ford SVT is offering an innovative new program called the PowerLease that'll put those who just can't decide into a win-win situation.

PowerLease gives customers the opportunity to drive a new 2004 Mustang Cobra or F-150 Lightning on a short-term lease that will expire when the next-generation vehicles are launched. What's more, PowerLease includes a transferable priority option to lease or buy a next-generation 2006 SVT F-150 Lightning or 2007 SVT Mustang Cobra when they enter production (currently scheduled for late 2005 and mid-2006, respectively).

Here's how it works: Simply visit your SVT-Certified Ford dealer and PowerLease a new 2004 Cobra or Lightning between April 1 and June 30, 2004. Approximately 30 days after the PowerLease program expires (the end of July 2004), your PowerLease Option document will be mailed to you, giving you an option to be "first in line" to order a next-generation model when it becomes available. SVT will remind PowerLease Option Holders about ordering opportunities roughly 4-6 months before the start of production. Should you exercise your Option, you'll receive priority scheduling for producing your new vehicle. In other words, when production of the 2006 SVT F-150 Lightning and 2007 SVT Mustang Cobra begins, orders from SVT PowerLease Option Holders will be produced first.

With an SVT PowerLease, you not only get a great lease rate while you enjoy driving a 2004 Cobra or Lightning, but you're also assured to be among the very first to be driving the all-new, next-generation SVT vehicles as soon as they reach dealer showrooms. But this special offer expires on June 30, 2004, so don't delay.

See your local SVT-Certified Ford dealer today, or call
1-800-FORD-SVT for more information.

(Applicable only in the United States. Not all buyers qualify for Ford Credit Red Carpet Lease terms, so see your SVT dealer for qualifications and complete program details.)

the link below is where the above info came from
http://www.svt.ford.com/newsPowerLease.asp

It is not a lease but a right to buy the 07 shelby cobra.

Since most dealers are getting 10 to 20k over msrp for this car 8800 seems like a better deal.

i've already heard the whiners out there who are saying ....

"over msrp? ..no way!"

well i'm getting my car now and i'm buying, not leasing, and i'm not paying ebay prices or current dealer asking price either.

trek75