Anyone here skate still? (no not roller skating ya big dummy)

• Sponsors (?)

i havn't skated since '99 or '00 but i here is some of the brands i used.

decks i used: 4 alien workshops, 2 santa cruzs, 3 blinds(had alot of concave which made them best for fliptricks) , 1 stereo, 5 birhouses, 1 foundation (this was my favorite)... "slicks" were the strongest, but i dont think they make slick decks any more.

trucks: destructo (favorite, but the king pins are weak),
destoyer (too heavy but very strong),
grind king (light, and grind down fast),
indy( too heavy and the axles slip alot)

bearings : pigs (suck)
lucky (suck)
black quickies (good low cost bearing)
bones swiss (very good)
fdk: (with nylon covers would last forever)
china bones: (decent)

wheels: spitfire, bones

hardware: shorties

griptape: black magic

z2o_what said:
i havn't skated since '99 or '00 but i here is some of the brands i used.

decks i used: 4 alien workshops, 2 santa cruzs, 3 blinds(had alot of concave which made them best for fliptricks) , 1 stereo, 5 birhouses, 1 foundation (this was my favorite)... "slicks" were the strongest, but i dont think they make slick decks any more.

trucks: destructo (favorite, but the king pins are weak),
destoyer (too heavy but very strong),
grind king (light, and grind down fast),
indy( too heavy and the axles slip alot)

bearings : pigs (suck)
lucky (suck)
black quickies (good low cost bearing)
bones swiss (very good)
fdk: (with nylon covers would last forever)
china bones: (decent)

wheels: spitfire, bones

hardware: shorties

griptape: black magic

Thanks for all the info.... this is what i have so far... whatcha think?

ALIEN WORKSHOP KIRCHART VERITAS SM DECK 7.50 width $114.99
ROYAL EVOLUTION TRUCKS -- SILVER -- 7.75 $0.00
SPITFIRE HEAD BURST WHEELS -- MULTI -- 55mm $0.00
custom parts selected RED BONES BEARINGS $2.00
PIG SKIN GRIP TAPE $0.00
CHECKS RISERS $0.00
FLIP HKD HARDWARE

FarBeyondDriven said:
Thanks for all the info.... this is what i have so far... whatcha think?

ALIEN WORKSHOP KIRCHART VERITAS SM DECK 7.50 width $114.99
ROYAL EVOLUTION TRUCKS -- SILVER -- 7.75 $0.00
SPITFIRE HEAD BURST WHEELS -- MULTI -- 55mm $0.00
custom parts selected RED BONES BEARINGS $2.00
PIG SKIN GRIP TAPE $0.00
CHECKS RISERS $0.00
FLIP HKD HARDWARE

i go with a smaller wheel, like 50mm or 52mm
i would get shock pads instead of risers, unless they are low risers
you should be fine with those bearings if they are the same as china bones

AW makes a strong, comfortable deck, but personally i would go with a little wider deck (7.75)

i never had royal trucks, but i would get them the same width as the deck... but it not like .25 is got to make any difference. :nice:

z2o_what said:
i go with a smaller wheel, like 50mm or 52mm
i would get shock pads instead of risers, unless they are low risers
you should be fine with those bearings if they are the same as china bones

AW makes a strong, comfortable deck, but personally i would go with a little wider deck (7.75)

i never had royal trucks, but i would get them the same width as the deck... but it not like .25 is got to make any difference. :nice:

ok, ill look at that truck and board width issue tomorrow (im not planning on ordering this stuff till tomorrow anyways)

the only reason i looked at the bigger wheel, was becasue it said it was for a person over 150 pounds, and the smaller wheels benefitted people 150 pounds and under.

the risers are 1/8"... is that too thick? and whats the difference between shock pads and risers?

im ordering this stuff through CCS, and they dont have a ton of options, so im just trying to get the most decent stuff i can. so if you get bored, hop over to www.ccs.com build a board so i can see what you would come up with... if you dont mind :D

FarBeyondDriven said:
ok, ill look at that truck and board width issue tomorrow (im not planning on ordering this stuff till tomorrow anyways)

the only reason i looked at the bigger wheel, was becasue it said it was for a person over 150 pounds, and the smaller wheels benefitted people 150 pounds and under.

the risers are 1/8"... is that too thick? and whats the difference between shock pads and risers?

im ordering this stuff through CCS, and they dont have a ton of options, so im just trying to get the most decent stuff i can. so if you get bored, hop over to www.ccs.com build a board so i can see what you would come up with... if you dont mind :D

alright, this i what i came up with using their complete packages... i would have picked a few different things but its cheaper to shop by brand, than mix-match your own parts.

after giving it a little thought you would be better off using the risers as long as they are rubber to help prevent pressure cracks, and give a softer ride.

i have never heard about a larger wheel for a larger rider. i weighed around 180-190lbs. when i skated and always rode 50s or 52s.

the reason said to look into a smaller truck size was because i dont like to have my wheels stick out on the side of the board, but it doesnt effect you riding.

ALIEN WORKSHOP SALAZAR BELIEVE DECK -- MULTI -- 7.88 width $109.99
DESTRUCTO MID TRUCKS -- BLACK/GOLD -- 7.75 $5.00
SPITFIRE OR GLORY LAST STAND WHEELS -- MULTI -- 52mm $0.00
DESTRUCTO COMPLETE PARTS PACKAGE DESTRUCTO SPEED METAL BEARINGS $0.00
JESSUP GRIP TAPE $0.00
DESTRUCTO RISER PADS $0.00
DESTRUCTO HARDWARE $0.00
Assembly Charge: $0.00
Total: $114.99

z2o_what said:
alright, this i what i came up with using their complete packages... i would have picked a few different things but its cheaper to shop by brand, than mix-match your own parts.

after giving it a little thought you would be better off using the risers as long as they are rubber to help prevent pressure cracks, and give a softer ride.

i have never heard about a larger wheel for a larger rider. i weighed around 180-190lbs. when i skated and always rode 50s or 52s.

the reason said to look into a smaller truck size was because i dont like to have my wheels stick out on the side of the board, but it doesnt effect you riding.

ALIEN WORKSHOP SALAZAR BELIEVE DECK -- MULTI -- 7.88 width $109.99
DESTRUCTO MID TRUCKS -- BLACK/GOLD -- 7.75 $5.00
SPITFIRE OR GLORY LAST STAND WHEELS -- MULTI -- 52mm $0.00
DESTRUCTO COMPLETE PARTS PACKAGE DESTRUCTO SPEED METAL BEARINGS $0.00
JESSUP GRIP TAPE $0.00
DESTRUCTO RISER PADS $0.00
DESTRUCTO HARDWARE $0.00
Assembly Charge: $0.00
Total: $114.99

Thanks again (and RsStang) for your guys input... ill check back tomorrow before i order this stuff and go from there! :nice:

When I was 11 years old (29 years ago) I hit a rock with my wheel while riding my skateboard and supermaned it right on my face knocking my two front teeth out, needless to say mom was thrilled about that one. Grinding down my teeth on the sidewalk is something I don't want to re live:owned: