Anyone interested in a 1989 Merkur XR4Ti?

pyroman

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2002
Ennis, Texas
Sorry guys, I didn't see a classified section for the 2.3L section so I thought I'd post it here, if thats cool.

So like I said I'm selling my 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, here are the details let me know it your interested.

167k Miles
5 speed manual
Texas Car, no rust
Original Paint in very good shape
Cold blowing air conditioning
Comes with Full Shop Manual
BlauPunkt CD Player (needs faceplate)
Interior imaculate
Non leaking sun/moon roof
Clean, strong running engine, non smoker
All gauges work, except the fuel gauge which works when it wants to

This is what I have done to it since I've had it:

New 35 pound disk style injectors
New Timing Belt and Pulley
New Catalytic Converter
New Water Pump
New Battery
New Exhaust Resonator
New Ignition Wires
Saab 900 Radiator

To the best of my knowledge, this is what the car needs or what problems it has:

I suspect a new wastegate actuator, as the car overboosts when pushed
Needs new cap and rotor
Likely a new radiator and fan, although I have replaced the stock radiator with the Saab one, it still tends to run hot at low speeds or idle (runs much cooler at higher speeds since there is more air running through the rad, obviously, lol), and leaks occasionally. If you decide to keep the saab radiator, which in itself is fine brand new aluminum, (probably the plumbing thats the problem) replace the fan because I haven't replaced the stock merk fan, I just "adjusted" it to fit decently to the Saab rad.
Probably needs front bushings
Drivers side parking light doesn't work (wiring problem)

Thats all I can think of at the moment. $1600 obo. Phone number: 972-875-8584, ask for Emile, not Emily, lol. E-mail: [email protected]. Like I said I'm in Texas, about 30 miles south of Dallas in a town called Ennis. Buyer is responsible for shipping.

If you need anymore details ask me, call me or e-mail me, thanks alot!

I can put up pictures if someone requests

• Sponsors (?)