anyone interested in giving me $12900?

• Sponsors (?)

Pretty sweet how original it is.

If I paid 5 figures for a stock fox I’d have to get my head checked though lol. To each their own

Even though it is pretty cool.

That's a pretty clean car, but I have never really been wowed by the ssp cars. Nothing was really all that great about them, imo, and they usually have holes in the dash and other body panels. But I am not a purist and would probably never own a completely stock fox so originality or the novelty of it just doesn't appeal to me.

Joe

I'd have to restore it back to SSP form. That means tracking down info on the original equipment and then finding it.

That means at end o day I've prob spent $20k on this car

I would try and do the same with one other thing in mind: Not all SSP cars became cop cars. Some have no radio or extra equipment to track down. I know of one in particular that belonged to the Marine Corps in 29 Palms and had heard that there were others (I was a little kid. The Mustang was an 85 or 86).

Some SSPs made it into private hands brand new. There's a registry somewhere that I've visited before. Anyone have a link to it?

After saying I wasn't a fan, I will share a cool story.

Good buddy of mine's father bought a two tone, green and silver, ssp car a few years back. It was an under cover DEA car that had fell victim to a shoot out. It caught a round in the tail light and a couple of more in the upper half of the car. The original civilian owner bought the car as is, with the holes. He had the upper half repainted silver and two toned the car, keeping the original color on the bottom. He replaced the taillight and included the bullet holed one with the sale. Also added a vanity tag that says EXFUZZ.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
I can show you a nicer one near me. Asking $15,900, but it looks like new inside & out.
https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1990/ford/mustang/100946870
1990-Ford-Mustang-American%20Classics--Car-100946870-f9ffee9faa957135777113d8aa5e77d0.jpg

1990-Ford-Mustang-American%20Classics--Car-100946870-e8c675e749e3bb0cb527491139673745.jpg

Reactions: 1 user