Anyone know what the "Hood Separation" recall is?

'66 coupe

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
Lakeland, Fl.
Just ran my VIN# and pulled that recall. Do they just grease the latch or some BS?

I also know my car has had the fan recall done(I noticed the fuse thing they added), but that didn't pop up. Is that cause they already did it on my car?
I was hoping to get the e-brake one, cause mine needs adjusting, but o well.:D

• Sponsors (?)

The hood seperation, is when the top layer of fiberglass of the hood comes apart from the lower structure. I am pretty sure it happens right at the front lip of the hood. I think the repair involves adding some glue or something in that area. I don't have a stock hood anymore, so I never had it done.

i get that recall but have yet to have it done...my hood looked fine..I believe they look all the joints over to see it there's separation..if so they epoxy things up...
I get the ebrake & fan one to...never had any done...

I got the ebrake one done, it's a lil stiffer afterwards.

The hood recall is what was mentioned above, pull the hood liner out. There are two large indentations on the underside of the hood running lengthwise. If they are cut open and there's a bunch of Epoxy smeared on the seam, then the recall has been done. Wish I was co-located with my old hood, it had had it done already.....

unless ford offered additional coverage on those recalls you might be out of luck trying to get them done now ......

id have to check the coverage offered tho ....

here is a picture of it, its the two D shaped cuts near the front.

762315_27_full.jpg