Anyone like kittens??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive always been a cat lover, and just picked up a new kitten. Ive always had american shorthairs but decided to try a purebreed cat. I decided on a "Ragdoll" . They are an interesting breed, lap cats for sure. they also are not full grown for two years, theres alot of other cool things about them but i wont bore you guys! You can look it up on the net if you are interested.

Anyways i picked him up on saturday. He WASNT cheap (800) but damn hes a great kitten. He will set the car back a couple weeks though :(

Heres some pics of him from the breeders house. They also keep the blue eyes their entire lives.

60792.jpg

60793.jpg

60794.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah ragdolls are cool cats. My best friend had two for many years. The cool thing is i have terrible cat allergys but the Ragdolls are really good for the allergies. I never really had problems at his house.

Ragdolls are fantastic cats, we've had one for about 7 years now, you can't beat how gentle they are, and their coats are very maintenance-free, they don't tangle easily, and require next to no grooming.

Keep in mind though that their good nature extends to pretty much anyone/thing, and that can be a problem depending on where you live.

Oh yeah, and don't be fooled by it's size now, they grow to be Very big, 10kg is not uncommon.

Monsterbishi said:
Ragdolls are fantastic cats, we've had one for about 7 years now, you can't beat how gentle they are, and their coats are very maintenance-free, they don't tangle easily, and require next to no grooming.

Keep in mind though that their good nature extends to pretty much anyone/thing, and that can be a problem depending on where you live.

Oh yeah, and don't be fooled by it's size now, they grow to be Very big, 10kg is not uncommon.

Good to know! I cant believe how soft his coat is, iver never felt another cat like it.

Yea i hear they get BIG. His father is huge(not fat) just a big cat. Should be interesting how big he gets.

He will be an indoor/sometimes outdoor cat. I wont be letting him stay out unsupervised. My last cat got hit by a car outfront. Not fun wakeing up to ur dead cat in the street :(

Have any pics of yours??

Nice cat man.

Here's mine. Her name is Jada ..... she is more like a dog, lol. She lies down when I tell her to. When I say speak .... she speaks. When I tell her to fetch, she fetches (not large objects, though). She'll soon be smarter than my Australian shepherd, lol. But she is NOT allowed outside. She doesn't want to go out anyway.

If you want to train a cat .... just get some of those "Pounce" treats.

437840859_l.jpg

i have always loved cats i have two now, but i have never had a pure bred cat and have always wanted a persian. i have never heard of "ragdoll" but now i am wanting one of those from the talk of them. the fox guys are goin to hijack this thread and never let it go..ha

Nice cats! I'm personally a dog guy myself but I definately understand spending the money. My pure breed chocolate lab was 650. Not quite the 800, but he's far and away the nicest looking and best mannered animal we've ever had.

Adam

Nice looking kitten.

Even though I like dogs, I prefer cats. Dogs require alot of time (which if you have a dog, be sure to give it enough time otherwise, I consider it neglect). Cats on the other hand aren't as time consuming and can still be very loyal and smart pets.

My friend has a cat that will not leave you alone, it runs up to anyone that comes in the house like it's a dog. Every mannerism it has is exactly like a dog, and to perfect strangers too. He goes on walks with it without a leash and the cat just follows. It's really weird.

illwood said:
Nice looking kitten.

Even though I like dogs, I prefer cats. Dogs require alot of time (which if you have a dog, be sure to give it enough time otherwise, I consider it neglect). Cats on the other hand aren't as time consuming and can still be very loyal and smart pets.

Your right about the time factor. I was really close to picking up a small/med sized dog. But i really dont have the time. Cats are relatively easy pets. They basically come out of there mother litter box trained which is nice!

I was also looking at the burmese and bombay breed as well. I remember zero signal( i think) talking about the bombay breed once so i checked them out and they seem really cool (mini black panthers) but they are VERY hard to find around here. Pretty much all the breeds in this area that are readily available run from 600-1000, well all the good breeds atleast.

seventy - great looking cat man!

Monsterbishi said:
This is our boy Sony, (Named as such since everything else in the house is made by them) He's a indoor cat only, since we live in a dog-infested neighborhood :)

Just snapped this one:

sony.jpg

From a few years ago:

artsyragdoll.jpg

People love their blue eyes, it's usually the first thing that gets mentioned.

Damn he IS big!! Looking good :nice:

Status
Not open for further replies.