Anyone replace motor mounts after LTs

• Sponsors (?)

the easiest way to do it is pull the motor and trans. you will save so much time doing it that way and have much less chance of having to re-do anything or mess stuff up. i did LT and motor and trans mounts.. i love em both

Just for a follow up, I pulled the K member. I couldn't see doing it any other way with the BBK LTs. The steering rack was already getting pulled for a replacement.

Motor mounts removed the shudder when the engine engaged the clutch. Smooth as can be now.

of course I can....I dont have a UPR K member and I did it. It wasn't that difficult.

:nice: to you, but I don't see how you got the back bolt on the driver side with the routing of the primaries on the BBK longtubes. Maybe your brand of longtubes the primary tube routings are a little different than BBK.

My 96 Cobra was tough. I had a cracked driver side. I spent 4 hours putting it on and I didn't even notice any difference. See....the rubber is injected around two peices of the mount that are interlocked together. They don't move much when they are broke. The biggest hangup was the top bolt. You can only get on it with an angled end wrench. I could only get an 1/8th of a turn per time on it.

The next hang up was the stupid dipstick tube. I kind of forgot to put it back it when I got done, and when I realized it was sitting on the floor, I had to loosen the mount back up, and then I forgot exactly how it was routed. That there took about an hour.

Thankfully my passenger side mount looks good. I don't even think you can get to the top bolt at all because of the L/T. I can't see it, so getting your hand and a wrench up there is out of the question.

:nice: to you, but I don't see how you got the back bolt on the driver side with the routing of the primaries on the BBK longtubes. Maybe your brand of longtubes the primary tube routings are a little different than BBK.

I have 2 piece. So the back pipes arent in the way and you can use an open end wrench to loosen the back bolt. And with that bolt only holding the notch of the motor mount, you can slide the mount forward.