Anyone see the newest issue of MM&FF

Gearbanger 101

Straight Outta Locash
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Aug 10, 2002
Ontario, Canada
.....looks like MN12's can be fast after all. Same year and colour as mine and everything. :D

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.c...bo_coupe_super_coupe/1996_mercury_cougar.html

mmfp_0609_shoot_01_z+turbo_coupes_vs_super_coupes+1996_mercury_cougar_launching.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

anything can be fast, but only certain cars can get you laid...

then again I'm always too busy having fun driving to notice chicks checkin my car out.

Yeah, the engine is pretty much back together....newly balanced crank and all. :D

I've just pretty much got the timing cover and accessories to put on and I'll be dropping it back into my engine bay....for a second time. :bang:

Next up is the exhaust system and the XCal 2 to tie it all together. I’m lucky if I get to drive this thing at all this year before its time to put it away. :(

Gearbanger 101 said:
Yeah, the engine is pretty much back together....newly balanced crank and all. :D

I've just pretty much got the timing cover and accessories to put on and I'll be dropping it back into my engine bay....for a second time. :bang:

Next up is the exhaust system and the XCal 2 to tie it all together. I’m lucky if I get to drive this thing at all this year before its time to put it away. :(
damn slacker, get your motor in cannuck :canada:

Uncle Meat said:
Just proves that even a lump of crap can be fast if you put enough motor and money into it!

U.M.

:D

j/k
:eek:.......... Cynical Mother F***er!!!

.....ah well, at least my lump of crap will always ride better than any of your cars. That's sorta comforting, I guess!?! :(

tomustang said:
and that thing runs :lol:
OMG.....Pot, Meet Mr Kettle. How long has that planter of yours been sitting in your parents driveway collecting cobwebs? I've had my engine in and out twice in the time it took you to get yours running once pecker head.....and when all is said and done, I'll still have a faster car that you. :D

I have a '95 XR7, fully loaded, great car, plenty of power, even tho it's only the 3.8L, it has 160k on it, but the head gasket blew two hears ago, had the heads rebuilt and ported and polished, few other very small things. My girl ran into the back of a civic SI with it....damnit, but it was covered thankfully, and not much damage to either car, but I need a fender and outside parking light/turn signal cover, should be cheap and I plan to fix myself.

When I'm not driving my mustang, i'm driving my cougar.

Cars i've beaten with my Cougar;

2001 Neon regular 16v 5 spd
'90 civic hatch w/cams exhaust and intake
My cousins '89 SHO....only cause he missed third tho
My Cousins '95 V6 Mustang W/ Auto
BMW 328i
3 MKII 16 valve Jetta's, but lost to plenty of GTI's etc etc
Raced my own cougar with my VR6 and smoked it tho hehe.

Cougar's of that era are awesome if you invest and do it right.

I've seen video's of the supercharged one's running very good numbers. Ofcourse not stock, lots of work done, but holy **** they can be made to run!!!

A few pics:

View attachment 452280
View attachment 452281