Anyone Still Running The Smog Stuff? Need A Pic

jcgafford

10 Year Member
Jan 7, 2012
Adrian, MI
I have all my smog equipment back in the car and all buttoned up except one thing. The metal tube off the diverter valves from the smog pump that leads to the exhaust. It's there, but it is supposed to bolt to something at the top end of the pipe. It has a metal ear with a hole for a bolt but i see no place to bolt it to. Anybody got a pic of where this thing is supposed to bolt onto?

• Sponsors (?)

Here is the smog system tubing laid out that I found online. Another good link for the smog system. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/air-pump-connections.701141/#post-6889942

smog22av.jpg

Attachments

• 5.0 047.jpg
    5.0 047.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 184
figured it out. apparently there was an engine mount/hook on the rear of the header on the passenger side for placing/pulling the engine. previous owner must have removed this and this part has the bolt hole for the ear to mount the tube onto.

props to Maryland Stang for figuring this out for me.

Reactions: 1 user
So how do you fix this? I have the same issue. Would a stainless hose clamp work to hold a matching scrap metal bracket, or what will it take? A pic would be good. I do not want that end of the hose hanging onto the tube and valve by itself.

alright parts have arrived. got the mount on to the front drivers side location. the rear cylinder mount point on the passenger side is another story. while the other mount point seems to have had the header "squeezed" by the factory to allow the mount "some" clearance to be wedged into place this mount just plain won't go. any suggestions? it is the correct part, e6se-17a084-ab