anyone use abcexclusive.com??

• Sponsors (?)

bynummustang said:
I haven't used it, but there was a "hood" tread (search for hood in talk) that had more people prefer it over cervinis. I will be going with a cobra r hood from abc.
Anybody that said that was certainly not looking at quality. ABC's quality is severely lacking, based on the products I've seen (hoods and Stalker ripoff bumpers) and almost everything I've read. With Cervini's you scuff and shoot paint. With ABC you get to fill and sand and fit then repeat a few times, sooner or later you might have something almost as good as a Cervini's (if your bodyman is pretty freakin good). In the end you to get Cervini's quality out of ABC, you will spend more on body work than a Cervini's part cost to start. No $$$ savings in that!

Cliff :)

Any company that actually uses a picture of this car to advertise their products will not get any business from me...

sadf.JPG

poneypower89 said:
Any company that actually uses a picture of this car to advertise their products will not get any business from me...

sadf.JPG

hahahhahaha, thats funny.........

But all I need is the running pony for the grill, 3rd brake light for a cobra wing, the pulls for the hatch, head lights stock,weahter striping for the doors.

for the guy that said you had to fill stuff on a abc hood i think youve got your products mixed up becuase my hood was perfect and honestly looked better than the cervinis hoods that ive seen. very well made hood all smooth no chips or inperfections and fit excellent. just needed to be scufffed and sprayed. id do buisness with them any time again and not worry about a thing. if everyone stop ridin cervini's peckers they would see thats there is more quality companies out there and abc is one of them.

I painted an ABC Exclusive hood for my friend, all I had to do was sand it with p400 grit sand paper, seal it, base coat an clear it and it fits and looks awesome. It survived a really bad accident, the whole front of the car got pushed over but the hood stayed in the right spot, the latch plate got ripped out an thats it, just bolted in a new one and vioala! I have a Cervinis hood an the ABC hood is just as nice as mine if not nicer/tougher.

floydamus said:
for the guy that said you had to fill stuff on a abc hood i think youve got your products mixed up becuase my hood was perfect and honestly looked better than the cervinis hoods that ive seen. very well made hood all smooth no chips or inperfections and fit excellent. just needed to be scufffed and sprayed. id do buisness with them any time again and not worry about a thing. if everyone stop ridin cervini's peckers they would see thats there is more quality companies out there and abc is one of them.

That was me, that was my experience. Glad for you that your experience was better. Here is mine in a little more detail.

I've seen 6 of there hoods, all 6 had edges that were either damaged or unfinished (most, but not limited to, around the bottom edge and corners between the headlights). 5 of them had at least one void (unfinished pocket of fiberlass). None of them fit great and 3 of them had to have the hinges and latch moved just to mount them. The owners of 4 of those hoods each paid more than the hood cost to have them fixed. The other 2 were for brothers and the person that fixed them (for free) let them know if they bought another from ABC, to take it somewhere else. Their fake Stalker bumpers aren't any better. Don't know about the rest of their products.

I don't ride no peckers, just buy the good stuff. Cervini's product are as good as advertised. The easiest way to tell if your stang has been in a front end accident is to bolt on a Cervini's hood. If it does not fit 100% perfect, your front end has been "adjusted" in the past.

I've only seen one other company whos quality was as good as Cervini's but I never saw any bolted on so I don't know if they fit as good as they looked. I don't remember their name but they used to advertise in MM&FF. I saw them at the Maple Grove NMRA event a couple years ago. The hoods looked excellent inside and out, although they could have been show pieces built just to get business. Whatever it was, apparently it did not work. Haven't seen or heard of them for a long time.

As stated before, that's just my experience. None of what I've seen has been in the last year. Maybe they're better now. I wouldn't take the chance myself. Quality is not something I generally experiment with.

Cliff :)