Engine Anyone using SVE Shorty Valve Covers on 93 Cobra

SLOWBRA

Founding Member
Oct 30, 2001
NC
Do the SVE Aluminum Shorty Valve Covers fit without clearance issues on a 93 Cobra?

I'm looking for a set of covers that will fit a 93 Cobra without raising the intake, etc.

Between the intake and rockers on the 93 Cobra there are issues with many valve covers fitting. I've given up on aftermarket valve covers for it since not a single person can confirm it will work

Why the hesitation to using a spacer? A 3/8” spacer will allow a 93 cobra intake to work under a stock hood. I ran that setup for many years.

Reactions: 1 user
Why the hesitation to using a spacer? A 3/8” spacer will allow a 93 cobra intake to work under a stock hood. I ran that setup for many years.
Will that fit under a strut tower brace and require any additional modifications (i.e. bolts, etc.)? I'm not against it, but I've yet to read a recipe that works for a 93 Cobra.

I ran the 93 cobra intake and MM strut tower brace on my car with a 3/8” intake spacer. Running the stock hood with hood blanket. Using the original bolts that came with my Ford motorsport 93 cobra intake kit. This is with the older non-convertible engine mounts which sit higher than 93 mounts do.

recently redid the motor and needed new valve covers to clear the crane 1.6 RRs. These cleared fine using the same 3/8” spacer

My intake is currently being powdercoated, but that's the combo I intend to stick back under the hood with the MM strut tower brace. I upgraded to new energy suspension mounts, so that's the only wildcard, but they are the lower, convertbile profile mounts, so it should actually gain me some clearance. But if i remember correctly, the STB stuck up higher than the intake in my prior configuration

Reactions: 1 users
I appreciate the pictures and information. Your build looks very nice and clean. I will say that the oil fill cap sure looks like it will be fun

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Please post back up in here when it is wrapped up.