Anyone Using The Holley Efi System?

• Sponsors (?)

So is @bently429isbac.

A stock computer with a PMS can't hold a candle to a standalone system like the Holley. That's like comparing an Xbox to Sega Genesis.

I'm a big Holley fan. The user interface couldn't be easier and the online support is incredible. Have you been to the Holley efi forums yet? Amazing information there. The Holley stuff has come a long way in the past few years. Tuners and racers that didn't like it are starting to come around to it now that all the bugs are worked out. BS3 still dominates the drag racing scene, but Holley is really picking up steam.

The PMS is fine for a more mild setup, but once you get serious about making power, a standalone is the way to go, and I can't recommend Holley enough. I'm a fan.

Reactions: 1 user
What were you using prior to the Holley and what did you gain? I've had my pms for 10 years and I know it's a dated system. It does work though. Just trying to figure out what i'd gain swapping to the Holley or something similar. Not really seeing power gains, mainly drivability and gas mileage.

I use it, it is a great system, sell that PMS while it is still worth something, the value of them seems to be dropping quickly. The guys i bought it from were big PMS supporters, and said switching from the PMS to the holley, they saw a huge difference in how their race car drove thru the pits the first time out. I used megasquirt2 before the holley, and there is no comparisonon. Better user interface, easier to tune, and the self learning on the holley is amazing.

Reactions: 1 user
I had the PMS before the Holley. Had to ditch the PMS so the car would idle and drive well with 95lb injectors. I couldn't ask for better driveability out of an 800hp setup. The cam has a lot to do with the low end stability of the engine, but I am beyond impressed with how my car idles.

I transferred the learn table over to the base fuel once after a couple hundred miles. I'll probably transfer it again next year as the computer continues to lean out the a/f at cruising rpms.

I can see ditching the pms with 95lb injectors. My car starts & idles perfect hot or cold with the pms no surging or stalling.

I have read over threads on the holley forum. Reading it seems confusing. I guess its one of those things that's easier to understand when it's in front of you.

I have no plans for big boost or anything. probably going to swap to TW 205 heads over the winter but i'm staying n/a.

Just trying to figure out any potential gains and seems like drivability and efficiency are the 2 biggest benefits and not really any power.

I have no plans for big boost or anything. probably going to swap to TW 205 heads over the winter but i'm staying n/a.

Just trying to figure out any potential gains and seems like drivability and efficiency are the 2 biggest benefits and not really any power.

In your case, no, probably wont be worth any more power, but it opens up a world of tuning options and data input. Adding a driveshaft sensor is one of the biggest benefits for me in figuring out what the car wants/needs at the track. You can download the software for free from holleys website, that will help with clearing up some confusion you are seeing on the forums.