• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Anyone wanting to switch to a 400+ hp 4.6L?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nightstalker729
  • Start date Start date May 11, 2006
N

nightstalker729

New Member
Jul 19, 2005
3
0
0
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
May 11, 2006
#1
  • May 11, 2006
  • #1
I'm looking for interest in my engine. I have a max performance engine that I am looking to sell. The entire motor is worked over and fully blueprinted and balanced. Everything is forged and the compression is near stock at 9.4. From top to bottom this motor is a complete pig. It has been fully broken in, and dyno tested to upwards of 330 whp. I still get 26 mpg on the highway with 3.73, and the pull of this motor is insane for a n/a combo. The oil system has been beefed up as well as the cooling system. I have all of the techinical info listed in my profile, and anyone mildly interested should take a look.

I am looking for interest right now. There is nothing wrong with this motor. As a matter of fact, I feel bad parting with it. I tune and build these motors for a dyno manufacturer, and I feel funny parting with my work. The reason I am selling this combo, or looking to, is that I would like to step up to another engine. I have a stroked and over-bored 5.4L (now a 6.0L) DOHC with ported heads and forged internals waiting for my engine bay. Before I go ripping my motor out, I would like to see if anyone would like to have what I have enjoyed.

The motor has less than 7500 miles on it since the bottom end was forged and finished. The rings are file-fit and gapped for nitrous or blower applications. This costs about 5-8 horsepower loss at peak, but the payoff is room for extra heat. I had planned to run my twin nozzle nitrous setup on this motor, but I refrained from doing so. This motor has only been run n/a.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll answer them as promptly as possible.

Thanks y'all.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
A/F ratio gauge install questions.
  • AngryH58
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
88
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 24, 2026
squeak93
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
536
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
107
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
C
Need Help identifying this small black box
  • Cholly2991
  • May 28, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
821
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 21, 2025
99SvtCobraTx
9
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
280
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?