Anyone with hurst or mac shifter

• Sponsors (?)

I have the Hurst Billet Plus on my '04 and as of Monday Morning, I am now tickled to death with it. I made the mistake of following the instructions about placement of the plastic bushing. It needs to be placed on the end of the shifter, not dropped into the tranny. So, needless to say, for the past 3 weeks I have had it I wasn't all that impressed with it. Now that I fixed it, I wouldn't trade it for the world. It is a great shifter at a great price. :nice:

I had a chance to see what a Tri-Ax felt like and it is very nice too. It had a shorter throw than my Hurst but I think the biggest reason for that was because of the shorter handle. He than got in my car and thought my Hurst was stock :rlaugh:

I can't stress enough the importance of getting rid of the stock shifter. Any aftermarket is better than stock and I feel each one is SLIGHTLY different than the other. I wouldn't give up my Hurst for anything. Besides, my car wouldn't look as intimidating without its fender badges :nice:

hurstlogo.jpg

hurstlogo2.jpg

I've had the Hurst gold billet plus now for about 3 weeks. Not to sound sexist, but this thing is a man's shifter. It's tight, has a VERY narrow gate, and you actually use a muscle or 2 between gears. The payback is, the thing is virtually goof proof; if you miss a gear with this shifter, you really need to consider going to an automatic! I can not say enough about the quality of this piece; it's first rate.

Just an FYI - I went with the Hurst shifter, Hurst chrome stick, Hurst T handle, and the boot from Colorado Mustang. Way old school, and it really looks great in the 'Stang. Yes, there is more heat, and a bit of noise, but that goes into my "Who Cares" folder. American performance cars for years were ovens to drive in the summer, and noise? Hell, if you've ever ridden in a vintage GM vehicle with a Muncie M21/M22, they redefine noise!

mcmmotorsports: I do hope you don't live in Virginia, close to me! I've got the same emblems on my GT!! The other old farts like me in my local Mustang club really like the emblems, and remember them. The younger guys just go HUH? It's all good, though!

road rage: Summit is about the best price around for the shifter, stick, handles, and emblems.

Jerry

I've had the Hurst Billet shifter in my Cobra for six years now and it's been excellent. No noise or vibrations and it shifts precisely and smoothly.As all the others it has stop bolts and you can adjust the preload to your liking. The other shifters on the market probably are just as good but I've had no reason to switch over from the Hurst.