Anyone with MAC shorty or longtubes in here!!

WhiteDevil

Feb 4, 2003
San Diego
well i just bought a set of MAC 1 3/4 Ceramic Long tubes and they did not come with an EGR tube. My BBK shorties that i have now came with one. The EGR bung comes out from the #1 primary where as the BBKs that i have and the stock headers came from the #3 bung. I called MAC and they said that you can just reuse your stocker, is this true? It doesnt seem like it will fit. Anyone use MAC shorties or long tubes and reuse their stock EGR pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

i had mac shorties and i ended up replacing them if frpp ones. the mac header on the passenger side warped and wouldn't seal right (notice the lack of supporting material between the flanges) . as for the bung.... mine was a direct bolt up.

Hey John

I got Mac LT's of the 1 5/8 flavor :D

My Edel RPM places the egr at a different place than most other intakes.

I just made one from scratch with ... IIRC, 5/8" soft copper tube.

No biggie ... just another little ... hot rod work a round ;)

Everything else fit great with no issues of any kind :nice:

Grady

Grady,
If you could get a pic of your EGR set up that would be great. I have my stock tube still and i also have a short extension that i could use if it ends up being a little short. Yours comes off the #1 primary.

Hey John

I can't do a pic as my camera is not around at this time.

Your Q here got me to thinking :scratch:

I do have a bit more info that may help you :shrug:

If you use the link in my sig to my site you can see the egr does in fact come off the #1 tube just as you said.

My Edel RPM intake noted the different egr location in the instructions that came with it. It even had a special notation for 94-95 applications which listed an optional adapter fitting to be used in those cases.

I made a couple of egr tubes out of soft copper which worked pretty good
however
I didn't go to the trouble to double flair the ends like you really should do

Each tube lasted for almost two years until they developed a small leak around the single flair :(

I was cleaning up around my bench getting ready to build my third tube and ran across the adapter I forgot I had ordered when putting my combo together.

I had ground only the flair off both ends my original oem egr tube to allow me access to the special fittings so it was only a fraction of an inch shorter.

I screwed that adapter on the egr and the oem tube was just a hair too long.

I got myself a double flair tool and after doing up both ends of the original oem tube, it was just right :nice:

I forget about a lot of that kind of stuff cause my combo has been together for so long.

All you guys and your Q's ... you make me think too much :rlaugh:

Grady