Anything else i should know? (Headers?)

PuppyDawg

Nov 20, 2003
Boston,MA
I'm still shopping around for my headers for my 5spd 88gt with a 84 lincoln towncar engine in it and "HO cam" i've decided to go with the shorty headers, i want to try to obtain the max performance out of this engine, and i true V8 throaty sound that'll intimidate my opponent :D .....but the brand that i'm going along with is either bbk,mac,or hooker but can anybody tell me the cons and pro on..............

1. copper gaskets?...

2. 1 5/8" unequal length HTS coated headers?

3. chrome headers vs. ceramic? looks, performance, or durability?

• Sponsors (?)

88stangmangt said:
i have bbk ceramic coated long tubes for my gt. get the ceramic coated shorties they wont rust up on you after a month.

thanks for your input guys....but question...any cons behind the ceramic? how will they handle the heat? ....them not rusting on you is definately a pro though...also another question would be the clearance for the shorties.....i have a 5spd tranny...so not all shorties fit?

88stangmangt said:
all shorties should fit i dont think they do much for heat at all bbk coating is cheap but it keeps rust off.

aye man....thanks so much.....and everybody else too...another question if you don't mind in regards to headers?....for max performance and a very very nice intimidating sound.....what size should i go with? Any suggestions? 1 5/8? 1 3/4? other?